cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

30 Minute Rewind on Live Sport

I always thought this was a local buffer, but today I switched from Football to Main Event and saw I missed the opening goal.  On pressing rewind, just to go back to where I started, it went back the full 30 minutes.  I then did the same with F1 and again it went back 30 minutes.

i do have Boost on trial, but is the 30 minute rewind a remote buffer?  If so, can it be longer?

7 REPLIES 7
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Seems like there is only 1-2 minute rewind these days 😞

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @SweetBlitz 

The live pause feature was temporary locked at 2 minutes during the middle of September to the 5th of October whilst NOW was making some scheduled service updates on the live pause functionality.

I don't use live pause that often to be honest, but i have just tried a 30 minutes live pause on my NOW 4K Smart box and i can forward or rewind the 30 minutes on the television.

Somebody mentioned there was frame by frame image on the television screen to find the point to stop when forwarding or rewinding live pause, but because i never use it that often i can only remember the skips from 2 secs to 120 secs with a frozen screen image on the NOW live pause service.

I haven't checked my Roku players yet to see if live pause is working back to normal with the 30 minutes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps 

They haven’t fixed it on the Apple TV Box yet no live pause at all very odd. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When i first noticed Apple TV boxes mentioned on the NOW help article under the list of supported devices that can do 30 minutes live pause, i did question it to a NOW Staff Member when the list was updated a few months ago.

Never got a reply either way if the ATV offers 30 minutes live pause or not, where you would thought so being on the list.

Unfortunately i don't own the newer generation Apple TV 's (just an old Gen 3 not used anymore thrown in the back of the cupboard).

Yeah i tend to read all the posts where i can on the Community Forum and noticed 30 minutes live pause never worked from what i can tell reading ATV owners posts.

I am guessing ATV owners have reported it to NOW live chat or by sending them an email ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I emailed the customer services NowTV email address maybe they will get back to me eventually. 

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Only getting one minute on my now TV stick today.

Greytop1967
Advocate

Yes I have noticed when watching sports it only pauses for just over a minute now then it plays again and then it does not pause again.

I have missed bits of football matches so many times now they have done this when Grand kids want there dinner or tea it used to be handy to pause the game until done the cooking or jobs and then be ready for kick off 10 minutes late and then catch up at half time.

Bring back the pause!