cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James131
Observer

Re: ⚠️ RESOLVED - "Sorry NOW TV is currently unavailable" on your stick or Box?

Hi

My now tv stick started showing this message about a week ago. I have attempted all the suggestions and workarounds mentioned but I’m still seeing this message and have been unable to access now tv in a week. 

I can access other apps like Netflix, bbc iPlayer and YouTube. 

Nothing I’ve tried works, please help.

0 Thanks
BatSoup
Advocate

This isn't resolved, it doesn't work for me or the numerous other people on the various threads here. It's particularly galling that I've had to replace two of the old white Now TV boxes which worked fine until the beginning of October with the sticks at my own cost. I can't even watch Now TV on them and I'm still paying for the passes.

How this ever went live for customers is beyond me. It's terrible IT service management and delivery and terrible customer experience. Really poor. Sort it out.

Suzzim
Advocate

Hi there.

I have already had help from yourselves with factory resets to the point it didnt work and you then send a new remote out.

I got it to work last night now I have the sorry now tv currently unavailable and I did exactly what was said on the advice and it's not working.

Hadenough2
Mentor

Tried everything suggested, nothing works, only want f1, too late now, cancellation next.

Hadenough2
Mentor

Tried everything nothing works, only want f1 too late now, cancelling next 

0 Thanks
Hadenough2
Mentor

Have now tried everything, full reset twice plus all the other suggestions and the “ newest update “ still not working now missed the Grand Prix which is all I want from the service so you are now cancelled 😡

0 Thanks
AndyYork
Scholar

Agreed - I had two of the white boxes and they worked well, although they had got quite slow, so I invested in two new NOW TV sticks and a black box. These all worked well, without any error messages until sometime earlier this year, when the same error message appeared on them all.

These NOW TV devices are connected via WiFi to two separate routers, on two different broadband systems, in separate houses. The ONLY thing that is common to them all is that they are all updated in the background by NOW TV. I think it is likely that a software update was released in the background, that has broken the system. End users have no control over this process and cannot roll back to a previous version of the firmware, which worked properly.

As another user stated - it appears whatever caused this problem for so many of us was not tested properly before it was released. Errors and bugs can happen to any service - but for them to affect so many users and to be allowed to continue for months is totally unacceptable. Very poor customer service by NOW TV. 

0 Thanks
AndyYork
Scholar

I followed these instructions - and they didn't resolve the problem either. The firmware has now been updated to date 08 10 2020 - but the stick is still giving the same error message every time I press the home button.

0 Thanks
Everan
Advocate

same issue for me

0 Thanks
Ajdgb
Advocate

Now TV stick still not working. The error message now doesn’t allow you to press the back button anymore. Can not access from Sky store, then pressing home. Can watch on an iPad, but not on our tv. 

0 Thanks