cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: ⚠️ RESOLVED - "Sorry NOW TV is currently unavailable" on your stick or Box?

Followed instruction it didn't work

I did this about 10 times

Unplugged and reset about 6 times

Had a message that NowTV was aware of the problem.

Then nothing

Very poor service

Downloaded ap on iPad twice but can’t connect to tv

PLease FIX this

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had this issue...tried software update, factory reset, numerous live chats etc and nothing worked. Eventually worked it out by trial and error. My BT parental controls were blocking the NOW TV app. In my case it was the ‘file sharing’ box I needed to uncheck...i.e unblock for it to work.

Now given this seems to be a common issue, and BT are a widely used ISP you would have thought NOW TV would have identified this as a potential issue following a firmware update...still, hope that helps some of you!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you!  My husband altered our firewall settings and turns out it’s something in the code that has been causing issues! Thank you again 😊
0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great, glad you’re sorted 🙂
0 Thanks
LameSecurity
Advocate

Seems like the Now TV stick wants to access the Adobe Audience Manager, 

dpm.demdex.net

A lot of ISP's block this as it's prime purpose is for collecting personal data and profiling for ad tracking and pushing. 

It is advisable to block it as it can be used for less desirable reasons. 

Unfortunately, the NOW TV sticks have started using it to access any of the functions on the stick. Not a very welcomed move, as exposure of this 'service' puts users network and personal privacy at risk.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had this irritating "Sorry NOW TV is currently unavailable" error message for several weeks now - and despite following advice from customer services to restart and/or factory reset my sticks it has persisted. They even send me a brand new stick (with yellow buttons) a few days ago and the error message happened on that stick as well - as soon as I plugged it in.

Thankfully, it has previously been possible to get around the message by pressing the back button to get to the stick's homepage, then manually launching the NOW TV app. HOWEVER, things have gone from bad to worse today - a green RESET button has appeared below the text - but this does nothing. Furthermore, pressing the back arrow no longer works. All of my three sticks are stuck on the error message. Not only can I no longer access NOW TV - I cannot even use the sticks to watch other apps like the BBC iPlayer or ITV Hub. Effectively, they are utterly useless now.

This is absolutely disgraceful. I subscribe to both Sports and Entertainment packages and pay Sky nearly £40 each month for this. They have clearly done something at their end to "break" the service and it is no longer fit for purpose. Their customer service team seem at a loss to solve the problem and their solutions (restarting the router, factory resetting the sticks etc) do not work - they just waste my time and cause increasing frustration. I was promised that the problem had been escalated to the technical team - but I haven't heard from them. Hardly a surprise, as it is almost unbelievable that the developers failed to test the firmware updates or server updates that are likely to have caused this issue prior to release - or subsequently to fix it, so they probably wouldn't know what to say if they rang me.

Please will other users in the community respond to this message, so that we all get a better idea of just how common it is and to highlight the magnitude of the problem to Sky.

Meanwhile, does anyone fancy joining me in a class action for compensation ?!!

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Your so called "patch" just seems to have made the problem even worse. I cannot even watch other apps on the stick now - including paying for movies on the sky store. Sky has inflicted a massive own goal on itself with this issue. Absolutely disgraceful - with both the hardware they have sold and software broken, this is surely a breach of the contract that they entered into with customers.

My Amazon fire sticks have NEVER failed to work perfectly. Perhaps the technical team at Sky need to ask Amazon for help 

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How can they do another software update and make it even worse!

I have had complaints open with NowTV about this for months, have raised complaints with the Executive team, Technical Support and now the obudsman.

I have had not a single response from NowTV about this! Chatting to support, the executive team are aware of my complaints and have asked for updates, but they have not even sent an email or a phone call to say they are looking into it!!!

I have never seen a company with such bad support! and lack of interest in customers issues! even including their own executive team!

The only good thing is they have taken so long that they have now breached the ombudsmans time limit for resolving complaints so its now over to them!

I would suggest anyone else with the issue does the same, because NowTV don't seem to care about their customers and the fact they are charging them for a service they know we cannot access.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Matt

Please will you let us all know which ombudsman you reported this problem to. I intend to follow you with this complaint and I hope that everyone else affected by it will do likewise.

Enough is enough - it's time to fight back !

Andy

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have followed instructions and still doesn't work.

Went out and bought any new NOW box as I thought that the old one might be damaged. New one installed and it's still happening

0 Thanks