cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NOWTV-Team
Community Manager
Community Manager

⚠️ RESOLVED - "Sorry NOW TV is currently unavailable" on your stick or Box?

Update - 23/09

A patch has now been released that should fix this issue. You may need to update your device, to do this:

• Start by pressing your NOW TV remote control buttons in this order:

Home x5
Fast Forward x3
Rewind x2

• Select the Update Software option that appears on the next screen.
  • Press OK to update your device.

If you still see the issue after updating please let us know by replying here.

We're aware of some sticks showing "Sorry NOW TV is currently unavailable when trying to watch content. We're working hard to fix this issue and will update customers when we have a resolution. 

Meanwhile, as a possible workaround to this problem - pressing the back (arrow) button on your NOW TV remote should dismiss the the message and allow you to continue 

Thanks

NOW TV Team

61 Replies
charlieboy1
Advocate

Re: ⚠️ RESOLVED - "Sorry NOW TV is currently unavailable" on your stick or Box?

Hasn't worked for me.  Done it twice.  Updates, loads Nov TV logo, says its going to home screen, then displays same old error message.

0 Thanks
Mouseymousey
Advocate

Hasn't worked for me either but when I do the software update it stays on the same build number 9.2.3.5136 with a build date of 20200427 so I suspect I'm not installing the latest update. 

0 Thanks
allicat
Advocate

Currently on version  569.23E05136A build date 20200427 09:09. Updated software doing the above process (home x5 etc) and still on same version. At 15.00 the stick displayed the original error.

Have you actually released the software to the public? 

0 Thanks
StaplefordStags
Advocate

Try this:

1) On the NowTV doofa press sky store button located on the bottom right.

2) Then press the NowTV home button on the doofa, it's located on the top right underneath the power button.

Hope this helps rid your TV of this annoying little gremlin.

Fatcat61
Advocate

Hi. I've had Now TV for just 3 days and am now told by my screen that it's currently unavailable. I don't have a Now TV stick/remote as I have a smart TV and get Now TV through the app on the television itself.

Any thoughts? 

0 Thanks
Tony2604
Advocate

Nothing fixes this issue that I can find. I am about to cancel my subscription 

never seen anything so absolutely useless. 
Have spent 30 years in the IT industry. Your product has not been tested

LizS554
Advocate

Same issue here.  I had the old white NOWTV box for years which worked perfectly. Since that was discontinued am using the stick.  It took days of trying to get it set up and I managed to watch TV once for a few minutes although it kept cutting out.  Since then all I get is this warning. 

Mouseymousey
Advocate

Any news on this?

0 Thanks
allicat
Advocate

I had been experiencing now tv sports dropping out on the hour, half  hour, and on change of program with the above message. I tried updating the software as explained above on numerous occasions but I still got the error. I saw someone comment on another question about updating the now tv stick from the menu on the screen. I went throught the options and settings on the now tv stick and updated the software that way. I managed to watch the pre-show, grand prix and the after-show without any interruption.

I can't promise it will solve the problem - but might be worth giving it a go.

0 Thanks