cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Subtitles for Live Tv

Hello,

why can’t I see subtitles for live shows on chanel E such as Friends which I would normally see with either Sky or Virgin? I can understand for the content on demand but what about tv live??

i went to setting and turned on caption but nothing...pls help

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Does the subtitles work any of the Freeview live channels such as BBC, ITV, Channel 4 on your nowtv smart box ?

If so, perhaps the Freeview TV station on that particular channel didn't attach for some reason the subtitles in the episode that you watched.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I cannot see these channel through the smart box...I see them through the regular tv and they all work with subtitles...also if I watch Netflix on the NowTV box I can see the subtitles...

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I am now a little confused sorry with regards to your two posts.

You have a NowTV smart box with the inbuilt Freeview TV tuner and when watching E4 on Freeview live channel on the nowtv box you can't see any subtitles (is that right) ?

Then when you test the subtitles on other Freeview TV channels on your nowtv box you can't because you don't have the TV stations on the box (is that right or wrong) ?

Just wondering are you using a different nowtv box and watching Friends on the Comedy Central Channel with an entertainment pass which is on the NowTV live linear channel where they won't have subtitles on these live streaming feeds even if captions are switched on in the box settings ?

Apologise in advance if i have totally misunderstood your first and second posts.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Correct...basically I just took a smart box for now tv (now tv box for 4K) and while I’m watching E for example I cannot see any subtitles... is it normal? If yes it’s very disappointing...because if you take these channels with any other providers you can actually see the subtitles...

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

So you got the new smart 4K box with the pink & black colour scheme ?

Where you are watching Friends on the Comedy Central Channel via the nowtv entertainment now & next EPG.

If that's the case, then i believe that none of the nowtv entertainment live channels at the moment offer the subtitles option on the live streams Smiley Sad