Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

NOW TV News

Today we announced our NOW TV Stick! 

For more information on this and what else we have planned for the year, check out our press release.

Feel free to let us know what you think below! 

137 Replies
Miketurn
Scholar 3

That's good to hear. Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

For info. These sticks can now be bought from argos on ebay and collected same day.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I already have two Now TV Smart Boxes - one in the lounge and the other in the bedroom.  Would there be any advantage in replacing either or both of them with Now TV Sticks?

Wlat

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you like the idea of voice search for nowtv content and pausing live nowtv streams, then for £15 it might be worth the upgrade (only you can decide that).

The TV on / off and volume control on the nowtv remote controller is a nice feature to have and saves you picking up the TV remote Smiley Happy

Also, if your TV supports a suitable USB connection then you can plug the power off the stick into your TV's USB port saving using the power supplied adapter into a mains outlet socket.

For a Bedroom or Kitchen option hiding the stick behind the TV and connecting it straight into a HDMI port might appeal to some people avoiding a clutter of a box on show,

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps

Thanks for the info.  The features you described are "nice to have", but they are outweighed by the loss of the facility to view FreeView channels.

If I ever want to watch Now TV away from home, I use either my iPad or my Android mobile phone, so all four of my permitted devices are already in use.

On balance, I have decided to stick with what I've got. (No pun intended!)

Smiley Indifferent

Regards,

Wlat

Miketurn
Scholar 3

@Anonymous Userwrote:

@schnapps

Thanks for the info.  The features you described are "nice to have", but they are outweighed by the loss of the facility to view FreeView channels.

If I ever want to watch Now TV away from home, I use either my iPad or my Android mobile phone, so all four of my permitted devices are already in use.

On balance, I have decided to stick with what I've got. (No pun intended!)

Smiley Indifferent

Regards,

Wlat

You can pause live channels on both Freeview and Now TV with your Smart box anyway, so that's one 'nice to have' that you've already got. Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just collected mine from argos. Will see what its like.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would like to order the new NOW TV smart stick how do I go about it

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. The stick is being released next Monday so it should be available for you to order on the NOW TV website then (or purchase in the usual outlets).

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Unfortunately you can't pre order the smart stick on the nowtv website and will have to wait until the 26th of February 2018 for the official release date.

Alternatively you may be able to pick one up from Argos on Monday (subject to store availability).

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

I don't know how accurate this internet article from Gizmodo UK is, but according to the article the NowTV smart stick will be available to purchase from Retailers Argos, Tesco and Sainsbury's tomorrow the 23rd of February and direct from NowTV themselves on the 26th of February.

Suppose we will find out tomorrow,if the article is accurate or not Smiley Happy

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2018/02/skys-15-now-tv-smart-stick-goes-on-sale-tomorrow/

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps
It is official NOW TV Smart Stick is now available to buy from Argos.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

In Argos.

Two items, for £19.99 you get the stick plus either a 1 month cinema pass or 2 months entertainment. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also comes with a sky store voucher
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User how much is the sky store voucher for?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The voucher is for £5.49
Anonymous User
Not applicable

If someone from Sky/NowTV team are reading this. Please can you do a Nowtv stick bundle for £19.99 with the Kids pass.

Thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

When the new smart stick was announced to the public there was a bundled package with a 3 month kids pass which I did notice on the Argos website which is no longer shown at the moment (my guess would be no initial stock, where I believe it's also shown in the Argos paper catalogue).

Tesco's are showing the smart stick with the bundled kids pass, again no stock Smiley Sad

https://www.tesco.com/direct/ntvsk3-now-tv-hd-digital-media-streamer-sky-kids-3-month-pass-stick/574-6143.prd?skuId=574-6143 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, yes I remember Argos had it displayed on their site and then it dissapeared..

@schnappswrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

When the new smart stick was announced to the public there was a bundled package with a 3 month kids pass which I did notice on the Argos website which is no longer shown at the moment (my guess would be no initial stock, where I believe it's also shown in the Argos paper catalogue).

Tesco's are showing the smart stick with the bundled kids pass, again no stock Smiley Sad

https://www.tesco.com/direct/ntvsk3-now-tv-hd-digital-media-streamer-sky-kids-3-month-pass-stick/574-6143.prd?skuId=574-6143 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Hopefully like the smart stick with the bundled 1 month sports pass, Argos didn't have stock when it was released on Friday (where it is now showing on their website).

Fingers crossed the smart stick with the bundled kids pass will be similar and be available when stock arrives (unless nowtv have pulled this bundled deal).

I haven't got the latest Argos paper catalogue, but I am wondering if somebody has, could they double check if the smart stick with the bundled kids pass is in their 2018 catalogue and if so please post the catalogue code number on here.

ken242
Expert

got i like the new now tv stick i got two off them second one up today in my bedroom i put the 1st one up in my liveing room yesterday too see how it go and get used to it and what setting iwill have to cange for the better but my 1st  impessions i am glad i brought it .