cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

New Help homepage - Feedback Wanted!

Below are some early concepts for a new homepage of the NOW TV Help site.

• Version A is the current Help homepage.
  • Version B shows an idea of how the page could look for people who aren’t signed in.
  • If they sign in the page could include some additional features like in Version C.

We’re excited to hear you thoughts, so have a look and let us know what you like or don't like. Here are some questions to get you going:

• What are your first impressions of these concepts?
  • Do you think they would help you find content more easily than the current layout (version A)?
  • Which part of the page would be most useful for you?

We’re trying to offer more personalised help to solve problems faster, but to do this we need users to have signed in.

• Would you find the additional features for signed in users in Version C useful?
  • How likely would you be to sign in?

If you have any other suggestions of how we can improve the design, leave us a comment.

Thanks!

New-Help-Homepage.jpg

34 REPLIES 34
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m not sure if this is the correct place to get advice, but since the most recent update, my watchlist/favourites appear to all be gone! 
I’m in rather a panic about it! Has this happened to anyone else and did you manage to get you pr list back? (And how?)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh my what have you done the old page was slow loading the new one is much worse didn’t think you would make it worse you have.Even the website is very slow to load.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Totally agree don’t know what they have done but they have made the whole system very slow.You would have thought they would have tested the new format 1st.

Harry

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You know Harry

I'm getting the distinct feeling that new updates are no longer tested before roll-out, they just guinea-pig us instead.

UK Bob

tingewickmax
Advocate

General comment - ditch the crass rebranding and return to the old NOW TV  system of Passes. How the heck can I have an account and not be a member ? I really do not trust any of this and wasted a lot of time trying to work out how I could buy a pass....sorry, membership. I'll be sticking to C4 & C5 for my fix of F1 & NFL in future and save my money. I wonder how many other users have decided the same. Message to moderator - If this is in the wrong topic please move to the right one. I have wasted enough time on trying to sort my way through this rebranding to achieve anything.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Version C looks far more comprehensive and helpful, the current version sends me in loops and is no help at all! I still haven’t found an answer to my issues, it’s 2021 but I may have to resort to picking up the phone and exercise my social anxiety by actually speak to someone 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Well, whoever you speak to on the phone, it isn’t going to be Now, as they don’t offer phone support for anything outside of just their broadband service 😭

But however you contact them, they are going to be pretty deaf to your entreaties; the new Now UI they were so pleased with on the NowTV sticks, which drove many of us to Roku, Amazon Fire, or native TV apps, will thankfully die with the discontinuation of the Now Sticks, a vote of no confidence in that UI particularly remarkable in that it seems to be shared by Now themselves 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I think I may be returning to an Android box and all the glorious freeeeeeee (if slightly dodgy) tv that Kodi provides!! To be honest it’s far more up to date and because it’s free I don’t mind the extra effort it takes to search for and set up the add-ons. I only bought a Now tv box because my android box kicked the bucket and there was one going cheap in a charity shop 🙄 Thanks for the reply and the affirmation that Now is crap haha
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If your going to buy an Android box, why don't you buy an Amazon Fire Stick instead?

Its got the NOW app on it, and you can also side load plenty other apps onto it too. 

Plus it supports the Ethernet adapater for the Ethernet cable. 

Since the Smart box, none of the hardware from NOW has been great. Which is why they will no doubt focus on the app itself than produce new hardware to sell. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Thats a good idea I have gone back to using freesat I only use now for the sport it’s easy to flick over to now from freesat .Now have completely ruined the format for me the whole system is very slow especially since they changed the system to look like sky Q.I would suspect they will loose a lot of customers but I really don’t think they care.