cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv black box failing to work

My box now refuses to work,  I have got used to rebooting it most days recently, but now it just wont connect.  The lights are on at the back, the front white light glows, but it will not respond to the remote (and yes, I have changed the batteries in the remote).  I just tried to do a factory reset but even that did not work.

I have tried to contact Nowtv through this site and via fb chat but no reply so far.  Any suggestions please?

14 REPLIES 14
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

After a factory reset on the box did the remote work when re activating the box by entering your wifi and account details ?

Are you on the NowTV main home menu screen ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi scnapps

No to all.  I followed the instructions and pressed the reset button for 30 seconds and nothing happened!  No light blinked or went out, the tv did not change from a blank screen and still nothing happens when I press the remote.  I can usually tell when the unit is active as the source list changes to Roku from HDMI1.  I have also changed the HDMI lead as suggested on another post.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ignore the solution, clicked wrong button.  problem IS NOT resolved

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sounds like the NowTV box / remote is broken.

Was going to suggest try using the free Roku Remote App on a smartphone with the box to see if it responds and works.

But unless you get past the setup process of the NowTV box to the main screen page you won't be able to use the Roku App on a smartphone / tablet.

Only thing i can suggest if you have another television in the home try another factory reset when using a different television.

When factory resetting leave the power on the television on the correct HDMI input source to see if anything appears on screen when pushing a pin in the small reset hole on the back of the black box for about 30 seconds.

Other than that maybe look at a replacement device, where the Roku Players are going pretty cheap this week with Black Friday around the corner.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I know you mentioned another HDMI cable, did you also try another HDMI port on your television ?

Also assuming the NowTV box is plugged directly into your television and not plugged into a HDMI switcher or external sound system.

PS - To undo the accepted solution, if you click on the accepted solution button again or click on the three small vertical dot option button it should hopefully give you an option to un accept the solution answer.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

Have just swapped to another HDMI port, no change. And yes, it's plugged into tv direct. Think it's gonna be a new unit!

Thanks for all your suggestions.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

After the factory reset is the white light showing on the front of the NowTV Box ?

If not, just double check the power lead and power adapter on the box hasn't come loose.

Apart from that i am out of ideas if you haven't got a spare TV to test the box on (unless other forum members have got any more suggestions to try).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

No, only one tv and the reset button did nothing at all. the white light is on constantly while the unit is plugged in. 

You seem very well informed are you something to do with the company?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Not involved with the Company, just a customer who spends a lot of my time on the forum.

This is a long shot, but try switching the power off to your Router for about 2 minutes (even if your internet is working on other devices).