Now TV box issues 18/10/2016 Click here for more information

New Movies: February 2017

by Phoebe-K on ‎30-01-2017 13:15 - last edited on ‎30-01-2017 16:16 by Douglas-E (4,014 Views)

PREMIERES:

The Trust

Available from 3 February

Cage_02.jpg

This one is perfect for the movie buffs who love an action filled thriller. This movie, starring Nicholas Cage and Elijah Wood, is about two nobody police officers working for the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department. The pair go undercover when looking into a case of a drug dealer who has access to loads of money. 

They set in motion a plan to find the source of the money when they stumble upon a mysterious bank vault…

The Angry Birds Movie

Available from 11 February

AngryBirds_07.jpg

It’s not just a game anymore!

Bird Island is introduced to innovative tools such as slingshots and helium balloons after it encounters green pigs joining the flightless birds. Whilst all the birds are accepting the arrival of the pigs, short-tempered Red has sneaky suspicions that they’re up to no good. Could Red be right? All is revealed when the birds attend a rave party. Standard.

Bad Neighbours 2

Available from 17 February

Bad Neighbours2.jpg

If the first movie wasn’t enough, we’ve been gifted another! Mac and Kelly thought it was bad enough having Teddy (Zac Efron) and his fraternity living next door but this time round, it’s a sorority – who are even more playful. But, Teddy’s got his old neighbours’ backs and he teams up with them to bring the girls down.

Maybe having Chloe Moretz isn’t the perfect ‘girl next door’…

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows

Available from 24 February

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles2_35.jpg

The four cutest turtles EVER are back (and so is Megan Fox)! But, life still isn’t going their way. One year after their war with Shredder, they’re having to face an even bigger nemesis - the notorious alien Krang.

Let’s be honest, we all knew things weren’t going to work out for Mickey, Leo, Raph and Donnie once Shredder escaped from prison and teamed up with Krang. Recipe for disaster? We think so!

Demolition

Available from 25 February

Demolition_Intl_Digital_1920x1080_KA.jpg

Jake Gyllenhaal stars in this incredible drama, playing Davis, a successful investment banker. This movie follows the struggles of Davis losing his wife in a tragic car crash. He then begins to rebuild himself, starting with the demolition of the life he once knew, thanks to a customer service rep and her son.

Get the tissues ready, everyone!

Comments
by caseyb1993 Elite 2
on ‎30-01-2017 15:03

"Cutest" Turtles?? Really?? Smiley Very Happy

They look so wrong! LOL

by Community Manager
on ‎07-02-2017 10:26

Do you have a favourite Turtle @caseyb1993? Mines a mix between Leonardo and Michelangelo! 

by caseyb1993 Elite 2
on ‎07-02-2017 11:26

@Karl-F If I had to pick then I would pick Michelangelo as well! He is the life and soul of the group. "Cowabunga!" Smiley Very Happy

by Community Manager
on ‎07-02-2017 11:33

I still think the original Turtle Movies are the best, even if they are just people in costumes haha. To be fair I did enjoy the first Turtle Movies of this franchise

by caseyb1993 Elite 2
on ‎07-02-2017 11:39

@Karl-F I wanted to like the first movie of this franchise but just found it dumb. Smiley Sad

Megan Fox really irritated me LOL. 

Emma Stone would have been a great choice! Smiley Wink

by Community Manager
on ‎07-02-2017 11:46

I see your point @caseyb1993, wasn't Emma Stone tied up in the new spider man franchise at the time? I think Megan Fox had her chance at this type of character from Transformers. They should have looked elsewhere.

by caseyb1993 Elite 2
on ‎07-02-2017 12:04

@Karl-F I admit I liked the first 2 Transformers movies but after that... No thanks haha. Smiley Very Happy