Coming in August

1 20 6,613

Premieres

Interstellar     The Maze Runner Pride ANNIE  

Interstellar

Sometime in the not too distant future, Earth has been devastated by climate change and famine. Humanity is on the verge of extinction when a mysterious rip in the space-time continuum is discovered, allowing a group of explorers to travel beyond Earth’s solar system in search of a planet that can sustain life.  This compelling and visually stunning sci-fi drama directed by Christopher Nolan and stars Matthew McConaughey and Anne Hathaway.

The Maze Runner

In this take on James Dashner’s post-apocalyptic dystopian teen novel of the same name, a teenage boy wakes up in an elevator with no memory of his past, other than that his name is Thomas. When the elevator doors open, he is pulled into a glade by a bunch of teenage boys who also have no memories besides what they should be called. Thomas quickly becomes part of the group and before long demonstrates a unique perspective that just might solve the mystery of the maze.

Pride

Realising that they share common foes in Margaret Thatcher, the police and the conservative press, London-based gays and lesbians somehow find themselves in a small Welsh village lending their support to striking coal miners. A story of struggle and acceptance as Britain went through a cultural and economic transformation back in the pivotal year of 1984. Starring Bill Nighy, Imelda Staunton and Dominic West.

Annie                                                                           

A modern take on the classic musical, it's a hard knock life for Annie, a foster kid who lives with her mean foster mum Miss Hannigan (Cameron Diaz). Everything changes when the hard-nosed tycoon and New York mayoral candidate Will Stacks (Jamie Foxx) takes her in. Stacks may believe he's her guardian angel, but Annie's self-assured nature and sunny disposition could help him more than he knows.

Catch Up

Ex on the Beach Show me a Hero The Americans Zoo

Ex on the Beach Season 3

Another eight sexy singles get shipped off to a heavenly haven in Mexico, but there’s a twist. Just to keep everyone on their toes, a few celebrities are added to the mix. Prepare for scorned exes, unfinished business and celebrity crushes.

Show Me a Hero

Mayor Nick Wasicsko took office in 1987 during Yonkers' worst crisis when federal courts ordered public housing built in the white, middle class side of town. What ensues is a division the city in a bitter battle provoked by fear, racism, murder and politics, in this critically acclaimed mini-series. Also starring a heavyweight cast, featuring Alfred Molina, Winona Ryder and John Bernthal.

The Americans Season 3

With its brilliant plot-lines and mesmeric characterisations, season 3 of The Americans continues to deftly deal with issues of family, marriage, sex, sexual politics and religion. Taut with tension, this critically acclaimed and award-winning spy thriller is one not to be missed. Starring Keri Russell, Matthew Rhys and Holly Taylor.

Zoo

Violent animal attacks upon humans are occurring all over the world. Jackson Oz, an American zoologist begins to notice the animals' strange behaviour and decides to find out why before these attacks are happening before the situation spirals out of control.

Box Set

True Blood   Boardwalk Empire   The Strain   The Enfield Haunting

True Blood Seasons 1-7

Based on Charlaine Harris's Southern Vampire Mysteries novels, True Blood is your everyday Southern Louisiana melodrama with a difference.  Vampires, shape-shifters, epic love stories, weird characters and biting comedy, all rolled into an extravagant tour de force. A must watch.

Boardwalk Empire Seasons 1-5 Available for 60 days

Atlantic City at the dawn of Prohibition is a place where the rules don't apply. Steve Buscemi’s plays Enoch "Nucky" Thompson, who is part politician part gangster. Side by side with his brother Elias, Atlantic City's sheriff, and a crew of ward bosses and local tough guys, Nucky gains a reputation as the man to see for illegal alcohol. The question is… will it go to his head? You'll only have 60 days to find out!

The Strain Season 1

Created by Guillermo del Toro, this creepy tale begins when New York-based Dr. Ephraim Goodweather and his team are called upon to investigate a mysterious viral outbreak, with hallmarks of an ancient and evil strain of vampirism. As the strain spreads, Eph,  his team and an assembly of everyday New Yorkers wage war in a bid to save humanity.

The Enfield Haunting

In August 1977, a series of bizarre and terrifying events begin to take place in a seemingly ordinary house in Enfield, North London. A cast that features the very best of British acting with Timothy Spall, Juliet Stephenson and Matthew Macfayden. You’ll never look at your teapot in the same way again!

Library

Star Wars Shrek Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Pretty Woman

Labels (2)
20 Comments
Legend 5
Legend 5

Star Wars! Smiley Very Happy

Scholar 3

Interstellar and Star Wars FTW!

0 Likes
Legend 5
Legend 5

@johnhood I haven't seen interstellar but I will definitely give it a go

Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6  it's definitely worth a look IMOSmiley Happy

Legend 5
Legend 5

And there is The strain s1 as well I believe season two starts on watch soon if it hasn't already

Legend 5
Legend 5

Note to self I can't edit mistakes I make on the blog comments.

I meant to say "and I believe season two starts on watch soon if it hasn't already.  Sorry guysSmiley Sad

0 Likes
Legend 5
Legend 5

It's saying 26th August on the websiteSmiley Happy

Legend 5
Legend 5

Excellent news that Show Me A Hero will be on.  Anything from David Simon must be worth checking out.

The post above describes the show as a "critically acclaimed mini-series".  I'm sure that it will be acclaimed.  But I'd like a link to any reviews acclaiming it, since I can't find any (it hasn't started in America yet).

0 Likes
Legend 5
Legend 5

The maze runner is amazing! Can't wait for the sequel!

I'm dying to see Suicide Squad which isn't out until next year! Robot Frustrated

0 Likes
Legend 5
Legend 5

caseyb1993 and Andy

I can't wait to see

• Arrow season four
  • The Flash season two
  • Gotham season two
  • Legends of tomorrow season one (It's not yet known which UK channel/broadcaster will have this one)

Smiley Very Happy

0 Likes
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 Gotham yes please!!! We need the joker desperately. In case you can't tell by my suicide squad comment, i'm a bit of a joker fangirl lol 

0 Likes
Scholar 3

@commanda6 I haven't seen The Strain! So, that's a binge-watch cert. 🙂

0 Likes
Mentor

Crap movies lately , thinking of canceling movie pass , lets have some NEW movies NOT OLD MOVIES 

0 Likes
Legend 5
Legend 5

@winky4611 They need the rights to show them. Hopefully they will add new ones soon.

0 Likes
Legend 5
Legend 5

@winky4611  Because of release windows set by the studios, you're not going to get many movies which were in cinemas more recently than 12 months ago on a subscription service.

Apart from a few special deals, to get newer movies you'd have to pay to stream or download individual films or buy DVDs.

Films like Interstellar really are going to be the most recent films that you are likely to find on Now TV.

Mentor
I find that 9.99 per month is way to much to charge for for the movie pass

Is there a date for The Strain S1 Boxset yet?

0 Likes
Legend 5
Legend 5

@worlddumbinatio 17th August according to the marketing email. 

0 Likes
Madasabiscuit
Not applicable

When will The Strain box set be available? Thought it was supposed to be today, according to the marketing email, but can't find it

Donaldo71
Not applicable

Why has the Wire been removed?.I am a new customer and i would love to see it

0 Likes
Labels