Now TV box issues 18/10/2016 Click here for more information

Coming Up Movies This July

by NOW TV Team Ranj-S ‎27-06-2017 11:33 - edited ‎27-06-2017 02:13 (7,844 Views)

If you’re not a fan of the sun, then stay indoors and watch our great premieres this July. We’ve got some scorchers.

Moana - 29 July

Moana is another example of how far animation has come in producing movies that are for every member of the family, from kids to adults. Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson stars as demigod Maui who causes a terrible curse to affect all the Pacific islands and it’s down to Moana to answer the Ocean's call to seek him out and set things right. The Oscar nominated animation is great fun and a movie for the whole family to enjoy

Moana_06.jpg

Dr Strange – 28 July

Marvel bring us another great superhero movie in the shape of Dr Strange, played by Benedict Cumberbatch. The movie follows the journey of Stephen Strange, whose life turns upside down after a car accident robs him of the use of his hands. With no help from traditional medicine, Strange takes things into his… own hands so to speak and looks at alternative means to help with his healing.

When he finds an unconventional method from the world of mystic arts, the Dr has a big decision to make that not only affects him but the whole world. Cumberbatch is brilliant in the lead role and he’s ably backed up by a stellar supporting cast of Mads Mikkelson, Rachel McAdams and Chiwetel Ejiofor.

DoctorStrange_18.jpg

The secret life of pets – 22 July

And here's another great animated film this month with. The movie follows the story of a spoilt terrier named Max, who has a life of luxury. He’s loving the New York lifestyle and seems comfortable with the world. This all changes when his owner takes in Duke, a stray whom Max instantly dislikes.

Max is voiced by the hilarious Lois CK and he and him and Duke only think about themselves, until they have to band together after they join a bunny called Snowball (Kevin Hart) and join his gang of abandoned pets on a mission against the humans who've done them wrong. With the team behind the Despicable Me movies looking over proceedings you just know this will be good!

SecretLifeofPets_04.jpg

Popstar: Never stop never stopping – 14 July

Popstar is a mockumentary style comedy where Andy Samberg plays failing musician Conner who first found fame with boy band Style Boyz. After the band split up, Conner enjoyed a successful solo career, but it all came crashing down when it became clear that his new solo album would be a failure. As his career and world is coming crashing down a former boy band member does everything in his power to maintain his celebrity status.

This hilarious comedy has Samberg re-unite with the director (Akiva Schaffer) with whom he’s worked with on Hot Rod and many other projects. Both director and star are fully aware of themselves and the industry they portray which makes for a very funny movie. Expect catchy songs, hilarious set-pieces and a truckload of amazing A-list cameos. It’s the modern day Spinal Tap with a twist.

PopstarNeverStopNeverStopping_02.jpg

Miss Peregrine’s home for peculiar children – 21 July

The wonderful mind of Tim Burton brings us a new adventure, surrounding a boy called Jake who discovers clues around a mystery, going back centuries which leads him to Miss Peregrine (Eva Green) and her home for peculiar children.

It’s only then where the mystery and danger deepens as Jake gets to know the residents and the powers they possess.

Jake’s new friends have terrifying enemies and it becomes apparent that only his own special peculiarity can save him and them. If you enjoyed the novel, you will love this movie.   

MissPeregrinesHomeForPeculiarChildren_04.jpg

Comments
by caseyb1993 Elite 4
on ‎27-06-2017 11:59

@Ranj-S NOWTV must know it is my birthday next month! You are spoiling me with good movies! Smiley Very Happy

I'm looking forward to Moana and Secret Life Of Pets. Smiley Happy

by schnapps Elite 4
on ‎27-06-2017 12:19

@caseyb1993

Happy Birthday Smiley Happy

Let my guess you are 24 years young (i think the clue is in your forum name).Smiley Wink

Anyway have a great day.

Really enjoyed "Moana" Dwayne Johnson was excellent and i thought his voice over of the character was funny.

Meaning to watch "Ballers" on NowTV is Dwayne Johnson any good or funny in this comedy drama, would anybody recommend watching this TV show ?

by schnapps Elite 4
on ‎27-06-2017 12:27

@caseyb1993

Should have said Happy Birthday for next month in advance.

For some reason there is no option to edit my post on the Blog thread even if you attempt to edit your message within seconds  ?

Anyway have a good Birthday. Smiley Happy

by caseyb1993 Elite 4
on ‎27-06-2017 09:18

Thank you @schnapps Smiley Wink

No worries, it is mental how you don't have the option to edit a blog comment. Smiley Wink

And yes, I will be 24 years young soon. Smiley Happy

by Andy Legend 3
on ‎28-06-2017 03:31

I see the highly-rated The Girl With All The Gifts is also coming on 9th July - not managed to catch that yet, so that's fab news!

by caseyb1993 Elite 4
on ‎28-06-2017 07:46

I've noticed Popstar features Andy Samberg. I will HAVE to see that! Smiley Happy

by orband
on ‎17-07-2017 08:02

cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccdfwe4t4gwe4t3 fjdtgqwersdtway7sdtauiwfduayduytwe7rftga7tid7wfgytw7etdf78wenowtvrereeeeaweffaw

can you spot  because now tv I love them

by KimmyJWickham
on ‎18-08-2017 03:00

Have already watched The Secret Life Of Pets Smiley Happy

Still got Doctor Strange and Miss Peregrine's to watch yet in my watchlist Smiley Very Happy

Don't need to bother with Moana as I've already got that on 3D & 2D Blu-ray Smiley Wink