cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

why is the sound so poor on iPad

Hi there,

The sound quality when watching programmes on an iPad is beyond terrible - almost unwatchable. It sounds very tinny - sometimes like it is underwater!

I have absolutely no problems when I watch the same programmes, with the same headphones, on my laptop, or via Apple TV. I  have no sound problems what so ever with programmes  via different apps, such as Amazon Instant Video, Netflix, etc.

It is the same issue with the SkyGo app too. Exactly the same sound issues.

I have seen threads relating to this issue dating back nearly 3 years, could you tell me whether this is something that is still being looked at/been resolved (and I am unaware of the 'fix')?

Many thanks

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am new to now tv. I have iPhone 6+ and the audio is terrible. All other streaming such as I player and Netflix is good ..... Oh dear sky .... What's your problem? Looks like this has been going on for a long time? Fix it or fail!!!!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here, highly disappointing. Why both making an App if the quality is so poor? Looking at the entry in the App Store, I see it's been updated recently (14th March 2016) so it is rather shocking they can't get clear audio working for so many (all?) users. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV, it's  almost June 21016 - your service has been around for literally years, and yet you still havent sorted out a major flaw in your apps.

The sound quality delivered through mobile devices on you rplatform is atrocious, and is tinny and electronic sounding.

The same video played on Roku, PC or Chromecast, sounds far better. 

How can you not have sorted this out?

It's down to audio compression and you clearly have a major bug in your app if it is selecting a low quality audo feed all the time, accross all mobile platforms.

I had the same issue on my old Android phone, now the same in iPhone 6S and ipad air.

I've got the latest IOS build, and have  a very strong wifi singal (sitting right by the router)., 30 megabits Fibre broadband.

Why havent you sorted it yet, when Amazon and Netflix dont have any issues?

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

This is something that has been rasied and the teams are looking at making improvements. I'd love to give you a time scale for this or even get the issue fixed right away because I know just how frustrating it is, however implementing the changes it's always that straight forward and there are lots of considerations and work that need to be done before this can be improved. 

We don't like to keep you waiting and we're pushing for this and we will updated you as soon as we can.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

March 2018 - and still this problem persists. 

I have cancelled my subscription. 

It works fine on Chromecast - but terrible on iPad. 

Very poor from Sky.