cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

why can't my son connect to now TV

Why can't my son connect to now tv which I pay for, via his mobile phone hotspot, all of a sudden.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Is he in the UK?

Do you have Boost?

What error message does he get?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Is he in the UK?

Do you have Boost?

What error message does he get?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

yes he is in the uk, I have just tried to upgrade to boost, but will not, and he does not get any message, just wont let him connect.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

What do you mean by "I have just tried to upgrade to boost, but will not"?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Without Boost, only one of you can use it at a time, so if you are watching, he can’t, and vice versa. But there is normally an error message if this is the problem.

So what does he see? 

And when you say mobile phone hotspot, do you means that he is switching his phone to be a WiFi hotspot, and then trying to connect to that from a further device, a TV perhaps?

So does this work for other services, and just not Now, or perhaps doesn’t work at all?

And can he watch Now on the phone in this setup?

I can watch Now on an iPad in cellular/hotspot mode; so that would be the next thing to test before trying to use the hotspot on a third device.