cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

technical issue

I am having trouble watching anything, i am connecting my mobile to the chromecast by the now tv app but it is saying somethings not right, check status for updates (error code 1) .. how do i fix this as i cant find a contact number for now tv!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Does the error code only occur when casting to your TV when using the Chromecast or does the error also show when you try to watch something on the NowTV App with your mobile screen ?

Also does the error message show on watching all content with your NowTV Pass or just one particular TV show or move ?

I don't use a Chromecast with NowTV, but i would try some basic stuff before contacting live chat.

If it was me i would try switching off power to your Router for about 20minutes, reboot both your Chromecast and mobile, delete the NowTV App & Chromecast App off your mobile and undertake a fresh App install on your mobile device.

Should you get no joy or no further help or assistance on here, then you can contact live chat via the link page below.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Does the error code only occur when casting to your TV when using the Chromecast or does the error also show when you try to watch something on the NowTV App with your mobile screen ?

Also does the error message show on watching all content with your NowTV Pass or just one particular TV show or move ?

I don't use a Chromecast with NowTV, but i would try some basic stuff before contacting live chat.

If it was me i would try switching off power to your Router for about 20minutes, reboot both your Chromecast and mobile, delete the NowTV App & Chromecast App off your mobile and undertake a fresh App install on your mobile device.

Should you get no joy or no further help or assistance on here, then you can contact live chat via the link page below.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you. will try all of these and see if it changes anything.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Are you by any chance trying to cast from a Sports Mobile Pass?

You can watch this on your mobile, but you can’t cast from it.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi no it was from the entertainment package. Thanks though will keep that in mind
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Did you manage to fix it ?

Where i noticed a few people over on NowTV Twitter was getting the same exact error message when casting from their mobile device to their Chromecast (looking at their screen shots they posted i think they was using a mobile on iOS).

The NowTV Twitter Help Staff didn't know the answer and referred the customers who was encountering the problem to contact their live chat service.

Where it sounds to me a software update either on the mobile device, NowTV App or Chromecast App has broken something 😠 (hence the reason the error message is showing).