Advocate

now boost

how do i add boost to a mobile membership

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @wilko 

If the Mobile Sports Membership is the only Membership you have with NOW then you can't purchase a Boost Pass.

There is a paragraph on this linked article explaining about it.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost 

Boost would be pointless on just a Mobile Membership because the NOW App on smartphones has a max picture quality of 720p 😡.

RoyB
Legend

@schnapps 

Wouldn’t it stop ads, though, and maybe make the Sport 50fps, if it could be done?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @RoyB 

50fps is not available with a Sports Mobile Membership on a smartphone and not sure if it would be a major benefit on such a small screen.

Because the majority of the Sports watching would be the five permitted Sky Sports live channels with a Mobile Membership, then adverts are mandatory for all.

Never used a Mobile Sports Membership to be honest and not sure if you get adverts for watching on Demand Sports with a Mobile Membership, but i wouldn't fork out a £5 Boost Membership for avoiding adverts just purely for on Demand Sports on a freebie Mobile Membership anyway (though a Boost purchase is not possible if Mobile Sports is your only active Membership according to the link that i posted).

RoyB
Legend

@schnapps @wilko 

I see, thanks.

BTW, I note that nobody has yet asked @wilko how he was hoping to benefit by buying a Boost.

Maybe we missed something? 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.