cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

iPhone Apple TV

Good morning 

can someone help please. Is it possible to cast form a iPhone to Apple TV, I know you can with the BT Sport App, I just wanted to know if you can with the Now TV app?

many thanks 

7 REPLIES 7
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

There is a native NOW app for Apple TV, so not sure why you’d want to cast?

Nonetheless, you will indeed be able to cast.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Because I have an old Apple TV box - it’s about 4 years old. I’ve already tried, but the app doesn’t work, hence why I want to stream. 
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Ah I get you. Sorry about that. 

Thought it should allow casting via AirPlay.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I’ve not tried the Air Play yet to be honest, I was a bit reluctant to get my now tv day pass until I knew I could do so. I definitely cannot access the app directly via Apple TV, because of the age, however I came to the conclusion I could Air Play purely down to the fact I can with the BT Sport App. 
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Take it you don’t have any other active memberships with NOW to give it a test?

Its always worth trying your luck to test by purchasing and if it doesn’t work you could jump onto live chat to complain. They might be able to give you a refund. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

But when Now give you the three month’s Mobile Pass you get with a Day Pass, you won’t be able to cast that.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

With regards to the purchase of the NOW Day Sports Pass.

If Air Play was supported when using the NOW App on the iPhone, then i would expect it to be mentioned on one of the NOW Help Articles which i haven't come across.

You could previously cast from an iPhone to a NOW Box / NOW Stick (no idea if it's still broken or fixed), but  i never understood why anybody would do this having a NOW Box or NOW Stick already connected to your television apart from using the iPhone has a remote controller if you have lost or broken the physical NOW remote.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/using-your-iphone-to-cast-to-your-tv 

Also double check you don't already own a suitable playback device from this list in the link below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now