cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

iPhone App auto closing since update

Is anyone else having issues with the iPhone app closing without warning or error messages since the last update? I have not been able to watch anything on the app since the update.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User
What iOS software is on your iPhone and if you’re using a iOS beta it will cause some issues until next beta update.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, latest iOS and not on beta. Have been working with nov tv reps to try and solve the issue but they seem stumped. Wondered that, if anyone else had the problem now tv may look at the app rather than seeing this a phone issue. Personally, I think something wasn’t quite right with the latest app update. Appreciate your help, thanks.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User
Why not delete app off your iOS device and reinstall it again , if that don’t help then only suggestion is to Erase your iOS device see if that helps.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yup tried all that. I have a case open for tech support but they are a bit stumped. I think the app is bugged so the issue reoccurs each time I install. That’s why I wanted to see if others had the same issue.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

thanks for the advice but I had tried all of that prior to posting in the community. Believe it or not the work around I have to use, is to load the app on mobile data, load the show I want to watch whilst in mobile data, then as it starts switch to WiFi. This is the only way the app does not auto close. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi please can I get help with Case ID: 02869879 thanks