cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

chromecast 2nd Gen

I have 2 Chromecast cast devices a gen 1 and a gen 2.

When casting from my pixel 2 my a gen 1 works fine but the gen 2 gets stuck at the spinning nowtv logo whilst trying to connect.

I have tried removing the app after deleting all cache, I have tried factory reset on the Chromecast. Nothing works. My partner has a OnePlus 5T and has the same problem.

I am able to cast Netflix, YouTube Spotify and anything else without a problem.

Any ideas before I cancel my subscription?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem, also on the latest generation of Chromecast and also from a Pixel (3XL in my case).

I have managed to find a workaround which will let me watch one episode at a time, then have to restart absoloutely everything,

1. Cast your screen (not the app) to the Chromecast (using the built in Android Cast feature) until your device appears on the TV.

2. Switch to the NowTV app and press the Cast button in 'Movies -> Highlights' and start casting, overriding the screen cast. The logo will spin indefinitely on the TV.

3. Wait 10 seconds

4. Go to 'Entertainment -> All TV shows' in the App. The Chromecast will suddnely stop showing the spinning logo and will show the NowTV background and show 'Ready to cast'

5. Pick a program you want to watch and get it right first time. When you press play, it'll start loading on the TV and play.

6. When the program is over or if you stop it, it will break and you must go back to step 1.

I believe there is a bug or technical issue with the current version of the app on the Chromecast and with the new generation of Chromecast.

This solution isn't ideal, but at least allows me to watch stuff. I'd be interested to know if it works for you!

Oli

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We used a month pass we had to get films for Christmas and I've been unable to watch most anything because of this issue. 

Pixel 2 phone and Chromecast gen 2s.

I have managed to watch two things by doing a lengthy process where I reboot everything (router, phone, Chromecast) and factory reset the Chromecast. But after that is just random attempts (about 40 minutes of such at the last time) where I click the cast button, then the title, then cancel, then the title, then cast and repeating on and on.  

I think those two were just flukes. I'm very annoyed by this and since we had guests over in one case I gave up and bought the film on Google play. It cast immediately and without issue.