cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Will there be a native for Sony Android TV?

...and another requesting Now TV app to be made available for Sony Android TVs

Highlighted
Mentor

Make it happen already this thread is 2years in the making....if I cant use this ill cancel my subscription.

Just bought new sony bravia moved from LG and expected now tv app compatibility with ANDROID TV.. How long is the exclusivity contract with LG.. And when does it end
0 Thanks
Highlighted
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi All

We're always looking for ways to improve our service and adding more devices to our platform is something that is always being worked on. Over the coming months more Smart TVs will be added. Information will be updated on our help centre when the Make and Models of the TVs are updated.

Cheers

Eddie

Highlighted
Mentor

Hi @Eddie-M

Thank you for posting this.  Are you able to confirm that you are 'possibly' developing an app for the Sony Android TV range?

Any chance of this before IPL 2017 Cricket ?  😄

Cheers

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

What I'd really appreciate for Android TV would be the ability for it to work in the Live Channels app so it can be integrated into the TV more. It's available with other IPTV solutions and makes having the service a more seamless experience with Freeview, similar to how it's working at the moment on the Now TV Smart Box.
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Sony TVs are getting the new android tv version over the next few weeks. Maybe this coincides with what @Eddie-M said in his post
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Seymo1 if it works it will be coincidence. New apps are tested by Now trialist. If they do one for Android TV, it will be announced and you can sign up. It means that you get to use it before it goes on full release and report issues. (NB some user issues are not regarded as issues by trial team as app was not intended to do what we users thought was issue)
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Highlighted
Scholar

I've just purchased a Sony Bravia Android TV and was really surprised to find that NowTV is missing. I assumed it would be on there as every other app appears to be.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Rg001c7345 wrote:

I've just purchased a Sony Bravia Android TV and was really surprised to find that NowTV is missing. I assumed it would be on there as every other app appears to be.

When it comes to the wonderful world of 'apps', never assume anything @Rg001c7345.

Indeed, although all 'smart' TV's offer the BBC iPlayer app. They don't all offer, ITV Hub, All4 and Demand5 catch-up service apps Smiley Surprised

Cheers

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Like a lot of people posting on this forum, I unpacked and set-up my nice shiny new Sony TV (a KD49X8305C) expecting to be able to access NowTV directly from the TV's menus. I had made doubly-sure before purchase as I've just ditched my £44 Sky Variety pack for a £7 NowTV subscription and the 'expert' I spoke to in Currys reassured me that even if the NowTV application wasn't preloaded I could go to the Google Play Store "and download NowTV or anything else I want such as Chrome". WRONG! 

Of course there are workarounds - I can Chromecast or buy a NowTV box, but these are a bit "homebrew" compared to properly integrating NowTV in the same way Netflix, Youtube and several other delilvery systems have been.

Anyway... that's just a bit of background. My question is, this seems to be an official NowTV forum, but is anybody in Sky or NowTV listening? Are there any talks or plans with Sony to facilitate NowTV being supported on Sony TVs? 

If nobody in Sky/NowTV are paying attention to the forum and looking at a solution, is there any point in this forum - without this some support it is just a self-help talking shop - nice and interesting, but possibly of limited value.

Sky/NowTV... are you there????? 

0 Thanks