cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Will there be a native for Sony Android TV?

Yes, we've just bought a new Sony TV with Android support and are bemused that Sky hasn't created a NowTV app for it.

We can't have satellite anymore due to the growth of protected trees and NowTV was the only option.

We wanted Sky Sports too but aren't going to pay £34 per month for tablet viewing!
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@DairyLea some people are able to use Cast function in the Sony Android to watch Now TV.  It is worth trying but not guaranteed to work.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Highlighted
Advocate

Another +1 for this. I hate having an android tv with a now tv box sat next to it.

It's more remotes, more confusion for the family to switch between things and not very eco friendly to have another device on. Just trialing nowtv at the moment.

Highlighted
Mentor

Add me to the list too for an Android TV app.

You have the code, give it a tickle, that's all it needs 🙂

Suspect willingness is the real challenge...

Highlighted
Mentor

Is their any update on when we are going to have NOW TV app for Sony Android 4K TV (both Bravia series 2015 & 2016).

It has been a long time since NOW TV service started. I guess a NOW TV Team can get the app on Android TV or work with Sony to get the app on board.

Currently have to use an apple TV to watch SKY on my Sony Android 4K TV.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
NOW TV Team (Retired)

To the best of my knowledge there are no plans at the moment to launch a native app on Android TV's @Vivek26

If this changes I will update the post.

Cheers

Andy

0 Thanks
Highlighted

Even Amazon has an Android TV app, and they hate Google. Seriously, if Now TV won't produce a native app (they have all the code already and aren't short of a bit of cash so this is clearly political) then they need to discount Chromecast (as embedded in an Android TV) as one of the account devices - in this the scenario the device is the Phone or Tablet doing the casting and should be the only one counted - it's sneaky and unreasonable to call it two devices when it's only one in terms of actual usage terms, your inability to provide the dedicated app is the cause of much frustration to an otherwise shining service.

Also, how about Netflix style profiles too - I hate that my girlfriend's shows merge with my mine 😝
Highlighted
Mentor

@Andy-S

You guys are losing a golden oppertunity in terms of business

NETFLIX - £7.50 (HD content) excellent quality in terms of high definition

AMAZON PRIME VIDEO - £5.99 per month (has both HD & Ultra HD content though UHD is small library but amazing)

NOW TV - £6.99 per month (BOX sets & On-Demand locked at max 720p and live TV SD in all except NOW TV BOX and apple TV) and quality is far inferior to both Netflix and Amzaon.

For loyal customers NOW TV should bring app for Android TV.

Despite the above explained deficits people like me still believe in your service and are willing to cash that extra £ else you will loose customers like us due to sloppiness.

Cheers

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

We need this, come on guys!
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Me too

We want it NOW !!!