cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Will there be a native for Sony Android TV?

completely missing the killer feature of android tv which is live channels.
If now TV were to introduce a native android tv app with live channels support it would be a gamechanger.

adding in android TV support is trivial for the devs, which leads me to suggest its bureaucracy thats holding it back.

Highlighted
Advocate

+1 for app please, i have a Sony Brava with No now tv, and i dont need another TV streaming box 🙂

Highlighted
Mentor

Re: How to get now tv on bravia

I suppose at least the new sony bravia 4k smart tv's have got chromecast built in so i can stream it to the tv from my other devices. Although this means that it has to be on charge all the time as it is just a phone and wouldnt last half an hour any other way...

0 Thanks
Highlighted
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Re: How to get now tv on bravia

@beefy0678 the mobile device doesn't send the signal, it just acts as a remote, so you shouldn't have issues with battery life. That's how it works with my HTC One and a Chromecast anyway, so I can't imagine it being any different with Google Cast devices.

Thanks,

Tom

Highlighted

Hello,

@Birgit-R Is there any update on a native application for Android TV?

I see Netflix, Amazon, iPlayer when I switch my TV on. It would be great to see the bright green NOW TV app right next to them Smiley Very Happy

Also, having a native app would mean that it could add shows to the "recommendations" at the top of the home screen.

Thanks.
Ashley

Highlighted
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @AshleyCollins

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

As it stands, the NOW TV app isn't available on Android TV's - we're currently unable to confirm if this will be the case in future.

You can however cast directly from an Android Tablet or iPad as the casting functionality is built in.

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

Highlighted
Observer

Even i would recomend  a app for anroid tv please?

Highlighted
Advocate

Dear all,

Am just about to buy Sony Bravia KDL43W80 LED HD 1080p 3D Android TV, 43" with Freeview HD and Built-In Wi-Fi, Black

Also have NowTV but would be grateful for any insight or issues I may need to consider.

TalkTalk provider and currently have TalkTalkTV and NowTV connected via two seprate HDMI cables as TalkTalk wont support NowTV possibly due to advertisment or something - tried numerus time to resolve but to now effect and just switch between output's.

Any feedback would be great especiatlly from what I am reading about Android Tv not currently supporting NowTV on Sony Bravia's.

Regards,

Brewstermonk

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Brewstermonk,

Thanks for posting.

So with the TalkTalk box - is this a Youview box? - we do have Movies from NOW TV on Youview but Entertainment and Sports are not available. 

With the Sony Bravia, I believe we can't guarantee compatibility as we can with external Chromecast devices. 

In your situation the best bet might be a NOW TV box, which will work fine with your new TV has all content available. Yuo cna buy one direct from us for £14.99

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Good Afternoon NowTV Team ( @Simon-J )

I would just like to link this particular thread on the Sony Community Forums to this thread. 

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/now-tv-app/m-p/2198935

I would like to register my interest in a NowTV app for the Sony Android based TVs, as im sure there are many others too.  Hopefully with enough interest, you might find it in your hearts to add a native NowTV app.  Cat Very Happy

Cheers