cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scholar

Re: Will there be a native for Sony Android TV?

It's not as though it would be a completely new app anyway - and it doesn't sound that hard to do for a now tv developer.

https://stackoverflow.com/a/38776358 

0 Thanks
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @tonycv51 

Are you an Android developer yourself?

If you are, you will know that step 3 is the killer in this SMOP, and also the omitted step 4 in that posting, which is ensuring that your GUI works from 10 feet away, as well as 10 inches away.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
(As long as you started the thread, and haven’t already accepted an answer)
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’ (the thumbs-up icon)
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
Scholar

I've never done any android development,  however the android app layout with menu and grid is essentially the same as the now tv app on the now / roku tv boxes and samsung TV's etc. which are already designed for 10 feet away. 

So still say that it looks an easy task for a company like sky to convert

0 Thanks
Occasional Poster

Hi please can we have a dedicated app for the Sony Bravia android TV? 

0 Thanks
Advocate

Hi still waiting for the NOW TV App on Sony Android TV.

What's taking so long?

0 Thanks
Expert 2

They are prioritising the platforms they already have developing those bringing them all to same standard before expanding I imagine.  

0 Thanks

I would love to see this appear soon too. Chromecast is fine, but I'd like NowTV to appear as a first-rate app on my home screen too. Netflix, Amazon & Disney can do it, so there's no reason we shouldn't see a NowTV app here either.

0 Thanks
Legend 5
Legend 5

Stick, £20. Solved.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
(As long as you started the thread, and haven’t already accepted an answer)
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’ (the thumbs-up icon)
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
Mentor

Just got a Sony Bravia Android TV and didn’t realise it wouldn’t have a native NowTV app. So slow in developing this no matter if prioritising others, this should have one by now. 

Anyway I have an iPhone with the NowTV app on and so can cast to the TV. However what quality is it? I can’t see an info button to see what quality etc. I have the boost pass as well. 

Thanks

Advocate

I have to agree with Ttzzse I to have just bought a Sony Bravia TV and wrongly assumed that an App would be available in the Google app store as I have the app on my pixel phone

Surely the more platforms you are on the more likely to increase your subscriber base

0 Thanks