cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Will there be a native for Sony Android TV?

Hello,

I'm using the casting function to my Sony Android TV. Will there be a fully fledged app for it?

Thanks.
Ashley

135 REPLIES 135
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's not as though it would be a completely new app anyway - and it doesn't sound that hard to do for a now tv developer.

https://stackoverflow.com/a/38776358 

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you an Android developer yourself?

If you are, you will know that step 3 is the killer in this SMOP, and also the omitted step 4 in that posting, which is ensuring that your GUI works from 10 feet away, as well as 10 inches away.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've never done any android development,  however the android app layout with menu and grid is essentially the same as the now tv app on the now / roku tv boxes and samsung TV's etc. which are already designed for 10 feet away. 

So still say that it looks an easy task for a company like sky to convert

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The NOWTV app is now live and available to download from the Google Play store. 

I found it quite by chance, just as our white NOWTV boxes stopped working and I was looking for a replacement solution. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi please can we have a dedicated app for the Sony Bravia android TV? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi still waiting for the NOW TV App on Sony Android TV.

What's taking so long?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

They are prioritising the platforms they already have developing those bringing them all to same standard before expanding I imagine.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would love to see this appear soon too. Chromecast is fine, but I'd like NowTV to appear as a first-rate app on my home screen too. Netflix, Amazon & Disney can do it, so there's no reason we shouldn't see a NowTV app here either.

RoyB
Legend

Stick, £20. Solved.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just got a Sony Bravia Android TV and didn’t realise it wouldn’t have a native NowTV app. So slow in developing this no matter if prioritising others, this should have one by now. 

Anyway I have an iPhone with the NowTV app on and so can cast to the TV. However what quality is it? I can’t see an info button to see what quality etc. I have the boost pass as well. 

Thanks