cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Will there be a native for Sony Android TV?

Hello,

I'm using the casting function to my Sony Android TV. Will there be a fully fledged app for it?

Thanks.
Ashley

135 REPLIES 135
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi

I see there are a lot of suggestions for this, will you guys be creating a sky app and now tv app for Sony Bravia TVs
Anonymous User
Not applicable

You're losing business Now TV-get an app for a Sony Android TV

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a Philips Android TV, I'd quite like the app too 😁.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Im trying to get ananswer on this but @Anonymous User giving me the run around.. because its After hours most likely... 

Are they likely to do this when they have a Brand new under powered £15 box, thats a clone of Roku 3  due for release in August.. NO... but I wanted a confirmed NO...

Would it completely smeg of a user that just spent £15 on a box they did not need if the nexus player and android TV 5.0 HDTVs got an app in...

September..  Yes... that would smeg people off...

October... may be it would be bad timing

November ... Yea that would be long enough...

But untill @Anonymous User is allowed to say a YES it will be a NO... they have thier own NowTV mark 2 box to worry about...

your Stuck using crappy phones to controll it and use google cast... Even if they just released an app with HD TV landscape  mode on android app... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User there's no straight answer for that question at the moment unfortunately. We don't currently have plans for an app, but that's not to say there won't be one in the future.

Whenever there's news about new supported devices, we share it on the forum, so you'll find out here first.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Surely it wouldnt take much to sort out considering you already have a mobile/tablet app?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

As @Anonymous User mentioned, no plans yet but you'll never know what may happen in the future 🙂

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's not exactly hard as you already have an Android app, see http://developer.android.com/training/tv/start/start.html if your devs are uncertain what is required to add leanback support!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Fingers crossed for a full blown app in the near future Smiley Very Happy It would help get around this problem with live streams via Google Cast:

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Chromecast/Loading-icon-stays-on-Sony-Android-TV-when-casting-Sports/m...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

@Anonymous User Is there any update on a native application for Android TV?

I see Netflix, Amazon, iPlayer when I switch my TV on. It would be great to see the bright green NOW TV app right next to them Smiley Very Happy

Also, having a native app would mean that it could add shows to the "recommendations" at the top of the home screen.

Thanks.
Ashley