cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Will there be a native for Sony Android TV?

Hello,

I'm using the casting function to my Sony Android TV. Will there be a fully fledged app for it?

Thanks.
Ashley

135 REPLIES 135
ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy @Anonymous User

Hi Andy

You said, "....although odd people do seem to have got it working in the past".  You are probably right but you do know that Now TV are well known for zapping unsupported beneficial features, so any derived benefit is likely to be short term only.

Sorry.

Bad News Bob

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy You never know, with a can-do attitude not only might the OP get NOW TV to work on Google Cast but we might bring about an end to world hunger as well. Worth a shot.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any news on this app?

nowTV is the only streaming service that I can’t get on my Android tv. Will it be supported in the future.

I’ve stopped using nowTV (I used to use it on Apple TV) due to this but I’d like to return as there is some good content.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Since this post was created by Ashley in June 2016 nothing has happened. It would at least be helpful if someone from Now TV responded to tell us what the current situation is, (is it being considered) (if so when) (if not might it be considered in the future).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Honestly, the only reason that I am not renewing my passes is that you don't have an app for my Sony Android TV.

NO I am not willing to buy a stick, when I can have Netflix/Amazon/BBC/iPlayer etc. and the ONLY app that is not available for Android TVs is the NowTV one.

You offer some nice service but it's ridiculous that in 2018, you didn't develop an app yet.

Please just develop an app?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still waiting! How much can it actually cost to write the app for the Sony TVs. You have offered me a free Tv stick but I dont want one comsumning more power when I already have a smart TV

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Yeah TJ

All those extra watts....

Cynical.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm kind of with TJ4 on this, I don't want an exta thing pointlessly hogging a HDMI port on my TV and an extra remote I only use for this service when all this could be done with an app on the TV. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm using a Sony Android TV and looking for a native app, seems silly not to have one. I don't want any additional devices, sticks, boxes extra remotes or having to cast etc. I'm currently on a trial of NowTV that came with my broadband and casting at the moment, but if the time comes to pay for this service I will be out unless there is a native solution. Wishful thinking considering how long this has been asked for, but adding my feedback so hopefully it helps prompt some action or at least some news on if one is in the pipeline?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Gosh never realised how many replies to this thread! says it all really... Come on NowTV any news on if anything is being done about this? demand seems very high