cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Will there be a native for Sony Android TV?

Hello,

I'm using the casting function to my Sony Android TV. Will there be a fully fledged app for it?

Thanks.
Ashley

135 REPLIES 135
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

As it stands, the NOW TV app isn't available on Android TV's - we're currently unable to confirm if this will be the case in future.

You can however cast directly from an Android Tablet or iPad as the casting functionality is built in.

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Even i would recomend  a app for anroid tv please?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is their any update on when we are going to have NOW TV app for Sony Android 4K TV (both Bravia series 2015 & 2016).

It has been a long time since NOW TV service started. I guess a NOW TV Team can get the app on Android TV or work with Sony to get the app on board.

Currently have to use an apple TV to watch SKY on my Sony Android 4K TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

To the best of my knowledge there are no plans at the moment to launch a native app on Android TV's @Anonymous User

If this changes I will update the post.

Cheers

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

You guys are losing a golden oppertunity in terms of business

NETFLIX - £7.50 (HD content) excellent quality in terms of high definition

AMAZON PRIME VIDEO - £5.99 per month (has both HD & Ultra HD content though UHD is small library but amazing)

NOW TV - £6.99 per month (BOX sets & On-Demand locked at max 720p and live TV SD in all except NOW TV BOX and apple TV) and quality is far inferior to both Netflix and Amzaon.

For loyal customers NOW TV should bring app for Android TV.

Despite the above explained deficits people like me still believe in your service and are willing to cash that extra £ else you will loose customers like us due to sloppiness.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Question from a thickie... I have a Sony android and an iPad,my tv is hard wired to my hub, the iPad wifi... if I cast from my iPad to the tv is the stream coming through the hardware from the hub to the tv or via wifi from my iPad to the tv?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Question from a thickie... I have a Sony android and an iPad,my tv is hard wired to my hub, the iPad wifi... if I cast from my iPad to the tv is the stream coming through the hardware from the hub to the tv or via wifi from my iPad to the tv?

@Anonymous User

Hi Shane

Welcome to the forum

As you would be casting from the iPad the stream would be through wifi

Thanks

Aaron

Anonymous User
Not applicable

In that case I add my name to the ever growing list of CUSTOMERS that want a fully fledged Android app for their Sony TV.

and the important thing to remember is... the Customer is always right (even when he/she is wrong).

questions;

will making it work on a Sony Android tv cause issues with other companies, deals or supported products?

will making it work on a Sony Androit tv take huge amounts of development time and cost hundreds of thousands?

will making it work on a Sony Android tv make hundreds (if not thousands) of Now TV customers happy?

i guess there's a balance to be made and it depends on whether Now TV (AKA Sky) want to be seen as Corporate focused or Customer focused?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

just to add myself to the list - as a paid subscriber i would like to be able to watch now tv on my tv (either via nvidia shield or sony bravia/oled when released as i am planning on buying it...)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would love this too, come on it cant be that difficult?!!