cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Will there be a native for Sony Android TV?

Hello,

I'm using the casting function to my Sony Android TV. Will there be a fully fledged app for it?

Thanks.
Ashley

135 REPLIES 135
Anonymous User
Not applicable

+1 for app please, i have a Sony Brava with No now tv, and i dont need another TV streaming box 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dear all,

Am just about to buy Sony Bravia KDL43W80 LED HD 1080p 3D Android TV, 43" with Freeview HD and Built-In Wi-Fi, Black

Also have NowTV but would be grateful for any insight or issues I may need to consider.

TalkTalk provider and currently have TalkTalkTV and NowTV connected via two seprate HDMI cables as TalkTalk wont support NowTV possibly due to advertisment or something - tried numerus time to resolve but to now effect and just switch between output's.

Any feedback would be great especiatlly from what I am reading about Android Tv not currently supporting NowTV on Sony Bravia's.

Regards,

Brewstermonk

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

So with the TalkTalk box - is this a Youview box? - we do have Movies from NOW TV on Youview but Entertainment and Sports are not available. 

With the Sony Bravia, I believe we can't guarantee compatibility as we can with external Chromecast devices. 

In your situation the best bet might be a NOW TV box, which will work fine with your new TV has all content available. Yuo cna buy one direct from us for £14.99

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good Afternoon NowTV Team ( @Simon-J )

I would just like to link this particular thread on the Sony Community Forums to this thread. 

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/now-tv-app/m-p/2198935

I would like to register my interest in a NowTV app for the Sony Android based TVs, as im sure there are many others too.  Hopefully with enough interest, you might find it in your hearts to add a native NowTV app.  Cat Very Happy

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, we've just bought a new Sony TV with Android support and are bemused that Sky hasn't created a NowTV app for it.

We can't have satellite anymore due to the growth of protected trees and NowTV was the only option.

We wanted Sky Sports too but aren't going to pay £34 per month for tablet viewing!
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User some people are able to use Cast function in the Sony Android to watch Now TV.  It is worth trying but not guaranteed to work.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another +1 for this. I hate having an android tv with a now tv box sat next to it.

It's more remotes, more confusion for the family to switch between things and not very eco friendly to have another device on. Just trialing nowtv at the moment.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Add me to the list too for an Android TV app.

You have the code, give it a tickle, that's all it needs 🙂

Suspect willingness is the real challenge...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Even Amazon has an Android TV app, and they hate Google. Seriously, if Now TV won't produce a native app (they have all the code already and aren't short of a bit of cash so this is clearly political) then they need to discount Chromecast (as embedded in an Android TV) as one of the account devices - in this the scenario the device is the Phone or Tablet doing the casting and should be the only one counted - it's sneaky and unreasonable to call it two devices when it's only one in terms of actual usage terms, your inability to provide the dedicated app is the cause of much frustration to an otherwise shining service.

Also, how about Netflix style profiles too - I hate that my girlfriend's shows merge with my mine 😝
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We need this, come on guys!