cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Will there be a native for Sony Android TV?

Hello,

I'm using the casting function to my Sony Android TV. Will there be a fully fledged app for it?

Thanks.
Ashley

135 REPLIES 135
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I get an app for now tv on my Bravia tv
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User there is no app for the Sony TVs. You can up vote the suggestion here, or use one of the number of other devices connected to your TV to watch NOW TV with.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also Sony has dumped their WebTV OS to join the AndroidTV 5.0 generation in 2015...

So Legacy WebTV OS support has been reduced ... Older Sony HDTV lost Youtube due to No WebTV OS upgrades... Have to use web browser if they can...  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I thought that a supposed smart TV allow me to download an app to get Now tv directly via the TV.  It has presets for iplayer,5 on demand, and a string of other rubbish pre loaded. It does not have Now tv pre loaded. As for trying to access the net, you could die 3 times over waiting for the TV to connect to the net. It would rather try to walk you into buying another Sony tv are £2.5k before giving access to the net. 

This tv is barely 4 years old and is supposed to be an intelligent tv. It is as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.  So am I right that I would have to use my now tv box to access the Now tv  service. I thought that it would be able to act as one of the 4 devices permitted to access the Now tv  service.  Some hope! !🙈

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  The only Smart TVs which currently have a Now TV app are manufactured by LG.

The easiest way to get Now TV on your television would be with a Now TV box.  But there are several other devices and games consoles which would have the app.

A full list of supported devices is here.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a Sony "smart TV" and a Sony Internet box but neither connects with Now TV.-Even tried to get it via the installed web browser on each machine but their version does not have the Silverlight compatibility that is needed.  If I want to watch Now TV I have to go to the bedroom and watch on a smaller LG smart tv. Sony's support for trending apps seems to be none existant.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

johnboydcvt wrote:

I have a Sony "smart TV" and a Sony Internet box but neither connects with Now TV...

Hi and welcome to the forum,

At the present time, in order to watch Now TV on your Sony television you'll have to buy yourself an externally connected 'Now TV compatible' device, such as a: Now TV 'black' Box, Chromecast, Apple TV, Roku device, etc.

And as you already have a Now TV account you'll be able to share up-to four 'Now TV compatible' devices on the same account...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I suppose at least the new sony bravia 4k smart tv's have got chromecast built in so i can stream it to the tv from my other devices. Although this means that it has to be on charge all the time as it is just a phone and wouldnt last half an hour any other way...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the mobile device doesn't send the signal, it just acts as a remote, so you shouldn't have issues with battery life. That's how it works with my HTC One and a Chromecast anyway, so I can't imagine it being any different with Google Cast devices.

Thanks,

Tom