cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
traynor1987
Advocate

What is the galaxy fold 2?

Hi,

So I bought a Samsung Galaxy Fold 2 the other day and boy is it brilliant. I thought I'd install NOW TV on it and use my passes on my PHONE as I go about my day. Was even going to throw them an extra £6 a month for Sky Sports Mobile Pass. 

Unfortunately, my dreams was dashed and my fold 2 MOBILE PHONE, is classed as TABLET and doesn't support Sky Mobile PHONE Pass, because the PHONE is a TABLET under devices.

It doesn't look like a tablet in my pocket and it was bought to RING PEOPLE. Live chat was useless, so before I do a KAREN (no offence to anyone named Karen of course) and cancel everything and leave NOW TV forever, I was hoping someone here could possible shed some light? 🙂

Thanks

James

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi James

@traynor1987 @Just wondering if you now managed to get your now tv sky sports pass to work with you fold 2? Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got the Samsung Fold3 and was hoping to be able to use my NOW MOBILE pass on the new phone but I can confirm the NOW MOBILE does NOT work on this device. So disappointed to be honest as it is still an android smart phone (foldable tablet) and I was told (using the NOW chat support) that my NOW MOBILE membership should support it, only to discover it doesn't after purchasing the device. I am cancelling my NOW membership definitely... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes same issue here,have the fold 3 and Nowtv sport mobile no longer works. A bit strange as it unless you zoom the video is in a letter box mode and roughly the size as it was on my old Galaxy note which was supported.  I'm sure they could have just disabled zoom rather than the whole phone.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User... Many thanks, yes this is helpful; I tried it and it works. This shall make me reconsider cancelling, I shall try different aspect ratios and see if it works well. Will post an update on my experience.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. Just got fold 3 and here I am with the same issue. Did you get the now app working on your phone in the end?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes it worked however can't view it as a full screen. Just need to change the aspect ratios from the phone settings (advanced features > labs). I set mine to 16:9 and it works. Yes not as a full screen but still bigger than a phone display and I'm okay with it.