cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watching downloads when show is no longer available

I want to catch up on old seasons of Game of Thrones but they're only available for another 10 days.

If I download them, will I have 30 days to watch them or will they become unavailable once removed from the catch up service in 10 days?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jason-C
Community Administrator

Hi @Anonymous User @RoyB @Anonymous User 

Just to clarify on the download rules.

Unfortunately, although we can usually provide 30 days to view once downloaded, if the episodes are due to expire earlier than that on the service, then downloads will also reflect this.

All download rules and expiry dates are set with the studios, and we can't make shows available for longer than their current agreed times. So if you download any episodes from Game of Thrones S1-7, you'll have 9 days left to view.

Appreciate this may not be what you wanted to hear, but hope this answers the question. We'll aim to update the Help article to make this scenario clear.

Thanks,

Jason

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
RoyB
Legend

Yes, you have thirty days from the download date.

I have one download currently, S8E3, and it’s just under 1GB, so I reckon I could just about get all of GoT on this 128GB iPad.

I did wonder if NowTV limit the number of downloads you can amass, but there is nothing I can find in the Help to indicate there is.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @RoyB,

Has this been tested? I want to do the same but don't want to download everything for it not to work in 9 days anyway. (it's also my first run through so I need to watch 7 or so episodes a day if this doesn't work)

I have tried to find a show thats ending in 1 day to test with but can't find one

Jason-C
Community Administrator

Hi @Anonymous User @RoyB @Anonymous User 

Just to clarify on the download rules.

Unfortunately, although we can usually provide 30 days to view once downloaded, if the episodes are due to expire earlier than that on the service, then downloads will also reflect this.

All download rules and expiry dates are set with the studios, and we can't make shows available for longer than their current agreed times. So if you download any episodes from Game of Thrones S1-7, you'll have 9 days left to view.

Appreciate this may not be what you wanted to hear, but hope this answers the question. We'll aim to update the Help article to make this scenario clear.

Thanks,

Jason

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. Is it possible to change this to be the accepted answer... I was too quick off the mark and marked the first response as the accepted one. Cheers.

RoyB
Legend

Thanks for putting this straight before I misled anyone else @Jason-C  Smiley LOL

And can you please cover in the Help if there is any sort of downloads limit, even if this is just the storage capacity of the device in use?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jason-C
Community Administrator

No worries @RoyB, you were only trying to help! 🙂

I'm pretty sure you can download as many different movies/episodes as you like, space permitting. There are certainly no studio rules around that part of it.

There is a limit to how many times you can download and view the same thing. But that's called out quite clearly in the article already.

Thanks,

Jason

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Jason-C ,

Many thanks for confirming. 

One last question, will it be available on the Friday or removed at midnight of Thursday/Friday?

Trying to work out how much cramming I have to do to fit it all in!

Jason-C
Community Administrator

@Anonymous User 

It should be 11.59pm on Friday. Not long left!

RoyB
Legend

@Jason-C 

Assuming NowTV can work its calendars OK. 

I’ve just had a reply accepted as a solution, datestamped 28/05/2019 23:44.

That’s in about 16 hours time Smiley LOL