cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Using i-phone for first time abroad

I have used my laptop for now tv, but never my mobile. I am going to Paris in a few days time and I want to watch a rugby match whilst there on my i-phone.

I have used NowTV on my laptop in the last month. I have purchased a sky sports pass. I have a uk card registered to my account.

I am not sure how I register my i-phone as a device on my Now TV account. I have downloaded the NowTV app. Is it simply a question of trying to watch the rugby match on my i-phone or do I have to do something through an already registered device?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F That's good to know, thanks!

@Anonymous User As long as you have a free slot on your My Account > Manage Devices page and you've not already added a new device this month sounds like you're fine to watch on your iPhone.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Good question! Firstly check you have a free slot on your My Account > Manage Devices page

https://account.nowtv.com/device-management

and it's showing you can change a device this month. If it is I would imagine you should be fine - you can't buy passes abroad or change payment details but there's no mention of device activation being restricted, however I will try and find out for you for sure. If you already have an entertainment, cinema or kids pass you can register the device now by watching something from one of those passes.

PS yes a device is registered automatically as soon as you watch something in the NOW TV app.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Tony-D @Jason-C (sorry to bother you on the main forum) - do you guys know if there's any issue registering a new device when watching NOW TV from abroad?

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Andy

This would come down to the fact that you wouldn't be able to play out as you're abroad and therefore not being able to play out impacts the ability to register this as a device. 

If we're on the same page here I hope this helps. 

Karl 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F The OP should be able to play out in Paris though right? Just not quite sure if when you try to play out it will register the device at the same time abroad, or do devices already need to be registered before being used abroad (EU member states)?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. Super fast reply! I have just one device registered. I have bought a one-day sports pass just to watch the game in Saturday so don't want to activate now otherwise will lose the pass. Call me tight, but...

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Right so sorry I've got this all wrong, silly me.

As long as you've purchased the pass in the UK you should be able to play out on a device if it's not registered while abroad. 

Here's a link to our help article that may help: https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-now-tv-abroad 

EDIT: In order to use NOW TV abroard, you need to download the app to your device in the UK before you travel.

Karl

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F That's good to know, thanks!

@Anonymous User As long as you have a free slot on your My Account > Manage Devices page and you've not already added a new device this month sounds like you're fine to watch on your iPhone.