cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Updated app on iPad not working

My app updated last night, now it won't play, won't let me select any menu and just closes. Tried live chat help this morning, a waste of an hour being asked the same questions. Does anyone know what might be wrong. And before anyone asked, I've uninstalled and reloaded, shut down the iPad, iOS is updated. Tech support appear to have no clue....so annoying. 

48 REPLIES 48
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I to are having the same issue , reload app twice sign out and back in twice... When I open the category it tries to load then crashes and closes . Very frustrating as was working super fine 20/11/19 

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don’t see anything in your post that indicates if the advice I posted an hour earlier, in the posting inmediately above yours, was helpful to you or not?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi , No im afraid it did not. i am in chats with now but still waiting for a resolve
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have an iPad 4 iOS 10.3.4. the app is now finally working. I deleted the previous app and downloaded again.

The customer service has been dreadful. After initial contact a few weeks ago and despite further emails from me I have heard nothing.

Good luck all.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue since the update very frustrating!

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

What OS version is your iPad on?

If not 13.2.3, can you try upgrading to this, if your iPad model is new enough to support it, and report back if it fixes the issues for you, or not?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB  There lies the crux of the problem, legacy devices can not upgrade to the latest iOS and as the app says it supports iOS 9 onwards then it should work with those devices, but the latest implementation of the back end software has broken the app for legacy users. 

Obviously now has failed with regression testing and people don't want to upgrade their old devices to just get now, I suspect a lot of people will cancel their subscription as its a cheaper and easier option compared to device migration. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB 

My iPad can't upgrade to iOS 13. I have 10.3.3. The app was working fine for the previous app version and iOS 13 has been around quite a while so it must be one of the latest fixes in the new version which has gone wrong especially as the app still opens and you can navigate to some screens. But you can't view anything.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

They finally released a fix on 9dec.  Update available in the App Store updates. Already cancelled but subscription not yet expired so it works on ipad 2 iOS 9 devices again.