cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Updated app on iPad not working

My app updated last night, now it won't play, won't let me select any menu and just closes. Tried live chat help this morning, a waste of an hour being asked the same questions. Does anyone know what might be wrong. And before anyone asked, I've uninstalled and reloaded, shut down the iPad, iOS is updated. Tech support appear to have no clue....so annoying. 

48 REPLIES 48
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Yes, it would seem that the updated iPad app only works on iPadOS 13, when the published information says it should work on any iOS from 9 onwards.

This may not be trivial to fix, but even if it is, the testing will be doubly stringent this time. So probably not a thing that can be rolled out in a few days 😥

But those who can upgrade to iPadOS 13 might like to consider doing so to overcome this issue right now, rather than waiting for the proper fix.

Disclaimer: I’m not an employee of NowTV, I’m just a customer like you, so I have no idea what progress is being made on this issue, and the first I know it is fixed will likely be when you know. And I’m not making any special pleading for NowTV here; just basing this on my own experience as a software developer, albeit in an unrelated feld.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Looks like there's an update that's out which fixes the issue 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ive just downloaded the update and everything appears to be working. Shame they don't do better release notes on the App Store

i hadn't heard anything from now tv since customer services escalated it. Pretty poor comms.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue, can't contact NOWTV - no one seems to ever answer livechat. Unless someone from NOWTV addresses this will cancel subscription.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There is no telephone support and I have also found Live Chat to be useless.

I tried to send a previous message but the email address was removed. Here it is again, I'm sure you can work it out.

help at nowtv dot com

Ref: 06061435

Ref:06059526

The about references are mine and @Anonymous User use these in your message. I have been informed that I will be contacted within 48 hours

Strength in numbers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have cinema pass when opening on I pad, comes up sport. Going to menu to change to movies just closes down site. Have been trying to contact passed two days.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Can you update your iPad to iPadOS 13?

I’m told that fixes it.

Cant vouch for it, but I am on 13, and it works fine on this 2016 iPad Pro.

(And before anybody starts, yes I know people have iPads that have been ‘functionally stabilised’ on OSes from 9 to 12, and it ought to work for iOS 9 onwards, and a proper fix must involve that.

But if you are one of the lucky ones who can go to 13, this may be a QAD workaround).

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Stupid question but how do you contact tech support? I tried the help option but couldn't get past the first page none of the blue arrows seemed to work. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

The only stupid question is the one you don’t ask 😛

And this is not a question with an obvious answer anyway, though I wish it was.

The thing to do is get through to Live Chat, and tell them of this issue, and that multiple iPad users are having it (as are multiple users of black boxes) if they don’t already know, and that this latest release should perhaps be rolled back ASAP.

But I dare say they do know already; but at least they will put you on a list of people who need to be emailed when this is remedied. (Note, though, that this is not quite the same thing as actually emailing you).

Here, I hope, is how to reach them:-

Get in Touch (all the options, and the best place to start):-

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/

On a screen with big buttons all around, you may find the link you need is under a tiny green arrow, so be vigilant.

Live Chat and Send Us a Message:-

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

On Live Chat, when you can get onto it, keep your answers short, sweet and prompt, or it will time out on you.

If the person you are talking to doesn’t seem able to understand your issue, ask to be escalated to the next level of help.

<If you can’t access Live Chat and nothing happens, try a different browser from your usual one (Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari) on which you haven’t disabled pop ups, third party cookies or indeed any cookies, haven’t set an Ad Blocker, and haven’t set Noscript on, or JavaScript off, as any or all of these things may prevent the Live Chat window appearing>

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still not working on the ipads. I found the live chat, thanks to the post above and after answering a few dumb questions I got it escalated. I am now waiting 48 Hours for a reply.