cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Updated app on iPad not working

My app updated last night, now it won't play, won't let me select any menu and just closes. Tried live chat help this morning, a waste of an hour being asked the same questions. Does anyone know what might be wrong. And before anyone asked, I've uninstalled and reloaded, shut down the iPad, iOS is updated. Tech support appear to have no clue....so annoying. 

48 REPLIES 48
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sadly still not working on my iPad 

I've got the required iOS as per the compatibility checker on the App Store so looks like now has done something that breaks the app on slightly older iPads 

Please fix it 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sadly I have the same problem, It works on my IPhone but not on my ipad.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here, all working fine on my iPad (2nd Gen) and IOS 9.3.5 until the recent update....now just crashes all the time.  Very annoying. 

Why won't NOW TV or Sky acknowledge the problem they have created and try to resolve? Or are they happy to lose customers as a result??

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still not working and total silence from now tv on the issue 

I'll give them another few days then vote with my feet 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I finally had a reply well after the 48 hours that I was told they would reply in.

We are working on your issue regarding NOW TV APP is not working after the latest update on iPad.

I went through provided links to investigate further and had forwarded the details to my high end team for a detailed investigation as to what exactly happened.

I'll get in touch with you at the earliest with any outcome.

Its a very non committal weak reply.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Despite multiple threads and loads of people on here talking about the same issue and emails saying they are on it, still a broken app 

come on now , it's time you fixed this or admitted you can't and work out how people who rely on older iPads can get now tv.... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi maybe an action for misrepresentation and false advertising my do something. After all one of the option point is to use on iPad.
DP
RoyB
Legend

There’s no “can’t”. A holding action would be to take the old app and the new app, and bundle them together with a switch that tests your iPad OS version, and routes you to one or the other.

This would make the app just over twice as big, but it’s the ‘in extremis’ fix.

Though I think NowTV will work very hard to fix it properly, long before any court date could be set for any sort of fantasy legal action over this.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have heard nothing. I've emailed again and it is silence.

Really dreadful customer service.

Anyone have any updates?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I posted this https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mobile/iPod-5-iOS-9-3-5-fails-to-play/m-p/513841#M3719 this morning - I didn't have time to read all this thread as it was titled "iPad" but now reading it I would say that my issue is the same