cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Updated app on iPad not working

My app updated last night, now it won't play, won't let me select any menu and just closes. Tried live chat help this morning, a waste of an hour being asked the same questions. Does anyone know what might be wrong. And before anyone asked, I've uninstalled and reloaded, shut down the iPad, iOS is updated. Tech support appear to have no clue....so annoying. 

48 REPLIES 48
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had a long chat with the support team, and also got the "we will escalate this to a manager and respond via email" but after insisting they put me through to a technical support person they eventually admitted its a known issue on iPads and they will email me when a fix had been implemented 

they also gave me a months movie pass as form of refund for not being able to access the service 

positive news but no fix yet 🤓

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User When MacOS 13.0 was released, some users reported compatibility issues. Apple rushed out 13.1 to fix this, but obviously some issues remained, so 13.2 was rushed out. There are two main problems here. First issues that affect some apps for some users are difficult to track down, and second, rushed fixes almost always introduce more problems. Hopefully, Apple devote a bit more time to resolve this issue.

As noted in my earlier post, I’m not having any problems with the NowTV app on my iPad Pro, but I feel for those who are, especially if their iPad is their only large(ish) screen device.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Mark_Weinreb It's not related to the os version, as I haven't updated it in a while (I am running the latest version for my iPad before you respond) , and whilst you aren't having an issue in your new iPad, others with older iPads are, and as iOS 8 onwards is supported by the app that is a lot of legacy devices. 

Now have said said its a known problem and they are looking into it. 

As as for contacting them, I used their web chat service and it took 2 hours of being persistent to get anywhere 

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I think my point still stands. In trying to get the app to work with iPadOS 13, the developers have broken it for earlier IOS versions on iPads. They now have a choice, either say it is no longer supported on older versions of the OS, or preferably fix it without breaking it further. Nothing any one can do but wait and hope for a favourable outcome.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Urgh, I thought it was just me. This is very bad news. The app 'says' it's compatible with iPad OS 9 or above. PLEASE can the technicians return it to that! :s 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How did you contact them? 

I've found Live Chat time consuming and useless.

Is there a number or email address?

Thank you.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

There’s no phone number.

This page:-

https://www.nowtv.com/terms

references:-

NOW TV Company details
NOW TV is a trading name of Sky UK Limited (Registration No. 2906991) of Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex, United Kingdom, TW7 5QD. Our UK VAT number is 440 6274 67. General email: customerservices (at) nowtv.com. References in these Terms of Use and the NOW TV website to "us/we/our/NOW TV" means Sky UK Limited (Registration No. 2906991).

There’s an email address there, where  I have had to slightly obfuscate the @ to prevent the Community software doing a Gobbler-job on it, but you should be able to figure it out. 

Don’t know what sort of reception you will get if you write to it, though.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Hi,

Do you have a reference number for your Live Chat/complaint?

I am in email communication and want to bring all of these issues to their attention.

Many thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

The email ref is 06059526

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Many thanks. Lets hope this is fixed soon