cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

'Unfortunately now tv has stopped'

I am having trouble with the now tv app on android - I cannot get the app to open at all

I am using a new asus ZenPad 8.0 running Android 6.0.1 and the now tv app version is the latest available on Google play

I have tried clearing the app cache and data and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times with no success. Please can someone provide a fix?

25 REPLIES 25
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hello 🙂

Your Android device  isn't rooted is it? 

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Android-devices

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No (certainly not as far as I know) it is an Asus ZenPad Z580c and I haven't meddled with the OS in any way. Annoyingly I think the app worked a few weeks ago when I first installed it but now I can't load it at all - any clues?
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User My advice now is to go on to live chat.

Click the link above and then the green contact  button at the bottom. You will then see a live chat option. Hopefully a team member will be able to help you. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried live chat and they couldn't help. Said that they would transfer to the technical team who would email me and I've had nothing 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I  tried live chat for the 2nd  time and was  once again promised I would get an email with a solution from the technical team within 24hrs. I didn't get anything  again. This is really poor customer  service

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear that this is happening.

Would you be able to let us know if any error messages appear when you try to open the App ?

Can you try the steps that are outlined here to see of the Beta App reacts the same with your tablet ?

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Andy, unfortunately having tested the beta app (after uninstalling and reinstalling) I am still having the same issue. The app will not open and continues to show the message 'unfortunately NOWTV has stopped'.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same is happening on my Zenpad 8 Z580CA after installing the latest firmware update

I went from Android 5 Lollipop where NowTV was working fine, to the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware where NowTV is not working

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Are you still getting this error?

- Is this on all content?

- Is it on live or on demand?

Please do let us know and we'll happily look into this further.

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team