cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to watch nowTV from iPhone connected by HDMI to Samsung

Have they changed the NowTV app functionality? I have been watching NovTV on my Samsung smart TV by connecting with an HDMI cable. The app was updated and now I get something like ‘error, not allowed to stream recording’ (or similar) and the rest of the screen is black but I can hear the sound. This never used to be a problem and I paid a lot for the connector between my iPhone and the HDMI cable. Are there new restrictions or something?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. Very disappointing... it was so quick and convenient. (Not to mention already spent £50 on the adapter between iPhone and HDMI cable!) Encourages is to stream sports through dodgy sites again instead of paying legally and watching. Thanks

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Yeah NOW TV recently removed the ability to watch via HDMI adapter or AirPlay. 

Have a look at the following list of supported devices as you might find you already have something that you can use to watch on your TV. If not, a NOW TV box is probably your cheapest option.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. Very disappointing... it was so quick and convenient. (Not to mention already spent £50 on the adapter between iPhone and HDMI cable!) Encourages is to stream sports through dodgy sites again instead of paying legally and watching. Thanks
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Bincs

Just to let you know, it has always been Sky/Now TV's policy to delete/remove unsupported features, whether they are beneficial or not.

So unfortunately, it was only a matter of time before that unsupported feature that you found would be removed.

Therefore, for all users still using non-supported, but beneficial, features seek an alternative way to use your device or app because that feature will be zapped.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

To uk bob, you ######.
To a layperson such as myself I downloaded the now tv app(i done know who makes it and don't care) joined now tv and then and went and bought an expensive adaptor to find out they have taken this option away, it's no good talking about unsupported this and that you ######, it worked and now it doesn't, to s layperson one would expect it to work and plenty of more people will do the same, ###### tv colonies are all the same bunch of money grabbing ######.
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Knob by name, knob by nature.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is really annoying. Why does it no longer work? I’ve just renewed my movies membership and can no longer watch films through HDMI, safe to say I will be cancelling but I really don’t get why they have put a block on it, I’ve used it this way for ages, I understand nowtv might want everyone to buy a box but surely lots of people like me will just not use it anymore

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is slightly annoying as I already  own two now tv boxes have Kids TV, Entertainment and Movies. Was in spare room working lates so thought quickly stream an episode on Game of thrones. Now im resulting to disconnecting boxes at 10 at night wasting valuable time. Thanks a bunch Sky, the competition stream without issue on this adapter. Try harder much harder. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What a crock this is, such a ###### thing to do to subscribers!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought now TV on my laptop solely for this purpose & tried so many times (sometimes you can still get airplay to work for ~5 minutes so there might be a solution), but if this issue isn't being I will forever be deleting my account. The worst part is that it messes with your laptop & slows everything way down every time you try. 

@Anonymous User pls fix