cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to watch now tv on my phone!

Please, please can anyone help me?! I have been watching Now TV on my phone, which has been great but i now get the following message
Sorry we don't support HDMI streaming to your TV from mobile devices. But don't worry, there are loads of ways to get NOW TV on your big screen.
Watch it with Apple TV, Chromecast, your xbox or playstation, or the NOW TV box. Find out more at nowtv.com
I wouldnt even know how to do what it says anyway!!

My phone has taken upon itself to update & now that is all i get when i try to watch anything. I get the same with Sky movies. I am watching at work so no where near any tv or anything else for that matter. Ive even tried turning the "Throw" option off but all i want to do now is throw it at the wall!

If nothing can be done then im going to be cancelling the subscription as i mainly use on my phone.

And yes ive un installed & re installed, turned off & on again & tried wifi & mobile data only. I have even asked very nicely.
Please can you help?
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have also re installed since the update but still the same. I have also put into airplane mode see if that helps but no go.
It seems to only affect nowtv & sky app?!
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

I'm very sorry for the delay in getting this resolved. 

We are working hard to get this resolved and our technical teams are working on a fix. 

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The same thing has happened to me! I have done all of the above, have had enough. I pay for both movies and entertainment separately and out the blue getting the messages as bitchfamliy. I will cancel if not resolved ASAP.
NOT IMPRESSED. I Was real happy with Nowtv aswell. Had the app on my phone for months and it was working great up untill now of Course!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for your post

Our technical team sre still working on this, I am sorry for the delay.

Thank you for your patience 

Regards

Sue

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for the response. Much appreciated. I do hope this will be resolved. Soon. Reinstalled App.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having exactly the same problem. Find watching on my phone much more convenient. Am eagerly waiting for a solution or will have to considering canceling as it is very little use to me if I can't view on my mobile!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any idea as to when this will be fixed, I have tried emailing in regard to issue only, I have been told twice that issue was fixed and to reinstall app but no joy. Still getting hdmi message, there is no hdmi cable attached to phone, I had to cancel movie pass as I can't see point of paying for service which I can't use. App was working up until Sony upgrade to 5.1.1. Judging by serval message streams on here it is a common issue. What I don't appreciate is being lied to in regard to issue being fixed when it hasn't been.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and sorry about that 😞

This issue is now fixed, all you need to do it to update the NOW TV app.

If the issue is still ongoing after the latest update, please let us know.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just downloaded & works fine now thank you 🙂

Unfortunately the sky app doesnt can you help with that?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch, Glad to hear your app is working. We wouldn't be able to help with the Sky app we're afraid. You'll need to contact Sky themselves. 

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team