cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to watch now tv on my phone!

Please, please can anyone help me?! I have been watching Now TV on my phone, which has been great but i now get the following message
Sorry we don't support HDMI streaming to your TV from mobile devices. But don't worry, there are loads of ways to get NOW TV on your big screen.
Watch it with Apple TV, Chromecast, your xbox or playstation, or the NOW TV box. Find out more at nowtv.com
I wouldnt even know how to do what it says anyway!!

My phone has taken upon itself to update & now that is all i get when i try to watch anything. I get the same with Sky movies. I am watching at work so no where near any tv or anything else for that matter. Ive even tried turning the "Throw" option off but all i want to do now is throw it at the wall!

If nothing can be done then im going to be cancelling the subscription as i mainly use on my phone.

And yes ive un installed & re installed, turned off & on again & tried wifi & mobile data only. I have even asked very nicely.
Please can you help?
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User a Sony phone?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Can anyone help me please.  Trying to watch now tv via the mirroring option on my i pad and apple tv box but it says on the tv screen that it does not support HDMI streaming to my tv???? it has never done this before, can anyone help me please?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The linked article below might be of some help.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Airplay-Mirroring-Apple-iOS

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes it is a sony. Is it a problem with them then?
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

We're currently looking into this issue and it's under investigation.  I'll make sure your details are passed on and once this is fixed we'll contact you by email.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been having same issue with phone since updating to 5.1.1 last week (also Sony). Emailed in regard to this and got a reply to say it was fixed but still getting same message and still unable to watch content on phone. ( I perfer to watch content on mobile, I like the intimacy more than watching on tv). Works OK on now tv box and roku stick. (not able to use those on bus though).
Unhappy about paying for a service I can't use as I intended. Don't see why it should be an issue, update hasn't affected netflix or iplayer.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
I have been having same issue with phone since updating to 5.1.1 last week (also Sony). Emailed in regard to this and got a reply to say it was fixed but still getting same message and still unable to watch content on phone. ( I perfer to watch content on mobile, I like the intimacy more than watching on tv). Works OK on now tv box and roku stick. (not able to use those on bus though).
Unhappy about paying for a service I can't use as I intended. Don't see why it should be an issue, update hasn't affected netflix or iplayer.

Hi @Anonymous User

Have you reinstalled the now TV app since updating to android 5.1.1? That would be the first thing to try is sometimes apps don't get configured correctly after an OS update.

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried that several times over the last week, still getting same message.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for your post

Our technical tam are still working on this, I am sorry for the delay.

Thank you for your patience 

Regards

Sue

NOW TV Team