cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to watch live tv

I have now tv on my Android mobile and also a white roku box.

Today I am unable to watch any live tv (sport, movies or entertainment) whilst connected via my BT wifi. On tv box I get 'Sorry, something went wrong, with error code -105'. On android I get error PLAYBACK_PROTOCOL_ERROR. On my mobile if I disconnect wifi and have 4G connection, I can watch the data

I have tried rebooting wifi (leaving off for an hour), plus also restoring factory defaults,  and restarting box. I am able to watch non-live movies and entertainment no problem.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Many thanks

16 REPLIES 16
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

If by rebooting WiFi you mean you have rebooted your router, and you have reset your white box to factory defaults, then that is about all you can try.

Though you should note that the white box is now becoming limited in certain ways, and could usefully be replaced by a more modern NowTV device.

Live channels are delivered by a slightly different mechanism to catchup, which might explain why you can still get catchup, though it doesn’t explain why you can’t get live TV over your BT WiFi.

If the issue is still going on, see if the same dichotomy exists on the BBC iPlayer on both devices; and if it does, get BT to check the line.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Many thanks for the suggestion.
I would get a newer box however I am seeing the same behaviour on my android device, so I am not convinced it will work on a newer box. I can watch BBC iplayer live via my bt WiFi.
So still stumped.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have the same issue.
It’s been on going since 19th.
While not getting error code, a message appears ‘something went wrong’. Watching on data; no issues at all. Apparently this a fault affecting some customers since 18th.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you for your reply. It may have been a few days for me I hadn't tried to watch anything since last weekend.
Do you know if now tv are investigating, or how to raise this? I still have the sport monthly pass and unable to use it... Fingers crossed before the football starts again.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have just been engaged in livechat with Nowtv to try & resolve this problem, needless to say they haven't answered my questions & in the middle of typing my reply to their last question they ended chat as we'd 'timed out'!!!! Clearly they have no idea how to resolve this problem & no customer service to admit this!

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

See this other thread on the same issue, and note the active involvement of NowTV in the issue.

@Karl-F   Shame nobody told the Live Chat team what was going on 😞

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Shame nobody told the Live Chat team what was going on

When you've been around NowTV as long as some of us @RoyB you'll not find that to be such a surprise anymore 😂

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Ah - you might be quite surprised to find my first post halfway through your 4-year lay-off... Smiley Tongue

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB 

Hadn't realised you'd been a NowTV customer all that time. Obviously then nothing will surprise you when it comes to how badly NowTV has been operated at times.