cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to watch live tv

I have now tv on my Android mobile and also a white roku box.

Today I am unable to watch any live tv (sport, movies or entertainment) whilst connected via my BT wifi. On tv box I get 'Sorry, something went wrong, with error code -105'. On android I get error PLAYBACK_PROTOCOL_ERROR. On my mobile if I disconnect wifi and have 4G connection, I can watch the data

I have tried rebooting wifi (leaving off for an hour), plus also restoring factory defaults,  and restarting box. I am able to watch non-live movies and entertainment no problem.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Many thanks

16 REPLIES 16
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Well, you had one post in 2014, and then a lacuna until 2018, while I had one in 2016, and then nothing until 2019.

So I’ve only been active here since February this year.

But I’ve been a NowTV user all that time - it was just so damn uneventful until NowTV started promising subtitles, and the app on the Samsung TV still didn’t have them, so I bought a Stick that did, and then came back to complain the subtitles wouldn’t stay on.

But I stayed on after that, so.....

Still a smooth-faced newbie though, compared with you grizzled veterans, banging my head against walls where I can sometimes still see the earlier dents 😉

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB 

I've always just dipped in and out of NowTV as the need arose, that being the beauty of the contractless nature of the service 😀

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

There seems to be always something we want on the Entertainment Pass.

Movies we dip in and out of; 1,000 sounds a lot, but it’s actually a pretty limited choice of the 20,000 or so out there, and we aren’t up for today’s CGIfests.

I wish there were Day and Week Passes for Movies; with the Month Pass, there have to be at least three we want, to hit breakeven over individual rentals from the Delivery People...

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same issue since July 14. Now tv have been looking into and i get emails saying the issue is resloved and is not. Constantly on live chat not getting to the bottom of it - i was offered a sky sports dqy pass that they activated for me.. As if to rub salt in the wound! Incredible! Really poor customer service.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Theres a fix over in the other thread about this. Apparently, if you are with BT and have Parental,Controls set, you have to toggle the File Sharing setting to Off, and then NowTV over WiFi works again.

Nobody can see any logic in how the two things are linked, though, and if there is no logic to it, who has to fix what, BT or NowTV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks,
I will give that a try and see if it works.
Cheers for the advice
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I fixed this problem by doing a factory reset. Go to Setting - System - Advanced System Settings - Factory Reset. It’ll reset everything, download all your existing apps and fix the live tv problem. It’ll give you a code to enter into your account so have the NowTV app open.