cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to watch live TV or Sports

Since 19th I’ve been unable to watch Sky Sports Live. There’s no error; just something went wrong, try again later. The fault is the same on two TV Apps and my NowTV box. I can watch Movies and content I’ve selected in entertainment. I CAN watch live sport on my mobile using Data. I’ve reinstalled the app, I’ve reset my NowTV box, I’ve reset my BT Internet hub. Nothing changes... any ideas?
33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any update on this yet?

I am still not able to see live sport / entertainment / movies via my BT wifi. Like someone else who has reported, for some reason I can see the Sports Racing channel live (maybe a clue - what is different?). I can watch on-demand, on data and on other wi-fi (phone at least)

It is the same behaviour on a white now tv box, Sony zx1 phone and Samsung tablet. 
I am with bt (I have reset my router to factory settings, left it off overnight and also tested I can see live streaming from other sources eg iplayer).
Android devices give error PLAYBACK_PROTOCOL_ERROR. On my white box that something went wrong message is displayed with code - 105.

Any updates would be gratefully received, I'm missing my sport and with Ashes and premier league approaching quickly it would be great to get this resolved.
Thanks

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

Thanks for raising this to us and we apologise for any inconvenience this has caused. 

We've passed this on to our team to look into to see what's causing this issue. 

We may need some more information to try and resolve this issue, so I'll post in this thread once I receive an update. 

Thanks

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any updates on this, still not working for me so that's been over 2 weeks.

Same fault on the stick, box and app on Wifi 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There's another thread with some people having similar issues https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Content-Issues-Missing-Episodes/Unable-to-watch-live-TV-or-Sports/m-p...

Feel free to add your experience to that thread also in the hope someone can pick up on it and get you guys sorted. It doesn't sound like yours is an isolated issue but rather a wider fault.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

I’ve called this one in for someone to take a look at.

In the meantime, do we have any common factors, apart from this being a NowTV issue, possibly just a NowTV over WiFi issue?

ISP? Type of Pass? Device you are watching NowTV on?

I’ve seen BT as an ISP mentioned here; I’m with BT, but a quick flick round a few live Entertainment channels on this iPad shows them all working fine for me here.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi,
@RoyB A bit more detail. I have tried on monthly sports package, and also cinema and entertainment . It is a problem with live feeds on my wifi (thus makes sports useless, not good for the open final day). I can watch stored material with no problem.
It is the same behaviour on a white now tv box, Sony xz1 phone and Samsung tablet. On my phone if I go to 4g data connection then I get live streaming.
I am with bt (I have reset my router to factory settings, left it off overnight and also tested I can see live streaming from other sources eg iplayer).
Android devices give error PLAYBACK_PROTOCOL_ERROR. On my white box that something went wrong message is displayed with code - 105.
Hope this gives a bit more information to help investigate.
Many thanks.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having this problem as well.

the messages can,t connect etc.why can you watch the racing ?.

so no connection strange..this problem since last Friday 19/7/19..my bt broadband is working fine..

I hope this can be fixed soon..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good morning.

I seem to have got mine working again now. 

It seems that (in my case anyway) it is linked to BT Parental settings. For some reason I am getting the problem with 'File Sharing' option selected. Once I deselect this I can view as usual on all devices.

Don't know why this setting is relevant for live Now TV content, or whether it stopped working - because of a Now TV change, or a change in algorithm for the BT parental control (I would guess the former). The problem started around 18/19th July (without me changing the configuration).

I cannot see why it should be blocked for this setting, so I suggest that this still needs further  investigation and fix.

Hopefully this solves this problem for others here.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous UserNice find. Fingers crossed this also works for others having the same issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well... this seems to have worked for me too! 

Deselected file sharing on parental controls and we are back up and running/viewing!!!

Many thanks 👍😀