cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to connect to the stream

I can't seem to watch anything through either my iPad or phone. On the iPad I get the error message "Sorry, the app is currently unable to connect to the stream - please try again. If the problem persists, please try re-starting the app. Code24". I have re-started the app and also uninstalled and reinstalled it but just get the same message.

I tried on my phone to see if it was working on there but get the same error message, but with error code "0xfd80009e". 

Is there anything that can be done so that I can continue watching NowTV?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Would be great to know if this was solved as I am getting the same issue on my iPad and iPhone.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

After deleting the app, power cycle the iThingy. On this 2016 iPad Pro, I hold down the Power button until I see a Slide to Power Off button, and I slide it; on the latest iPads, I think you have to use an option in Settings/General. No idea how you do it on an iPhone, but no doubt it is similar.

Then wait two minutes for the electrons to die, which will hopefully flush the cache for the NowTV app.

Then power on again, reinstall the app and try again.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
@RoyB

Thanks for the info however it didn't work unfortunately. Doing my head in now lol. Seems to be working fine on my iPhone now but wasn't yesterday. iPad still giving me grief.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi can you help , I’m having same problem on my PS4 and on my iPhone & iPad device with the Code24

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I keep getting this error - please help!