cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Technical issue: New Fusion 5 andriod tablet "not supported" error message

Hi There 

I have just purchased a brand new "british" Fusion 5 tablet, bought from a UK retailer and it meets the specifications 

10.6" Fusion5 IPS Tablet PC - Android 5.1 Lollipop - Quad Core Processor (1.2GHz)- 32GB via tf-card Slot, 1GB RAM, UK Brand (16GB)

I had issues with Now TV on my laptop but as a workaround I installed Firefox which did the trick. Unfortunately that didn't work, so I uninstalled and reloaded the app. Still no joy. So I downloaded a root checker and this confirmed that the device is NOT rooted. 

Therefore please can you let me know if there is something I am doing wrong otherwise I am just going to have to cancel my account which isn't what I want to do unless you can provide an explanation and timescales on a resolution.

Many thanks in advance

James Easton

(a fan of Now TV but I don't feel I will have any other option)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks for looking into this and responding so quickly. I actually bought the tablet from Amazon so had a further look through the feedback but this time added "rooted" and then "root" into the search criteria when searching the feedback comments. Out of 325 reviews only 3 have any hits and of those only two seem credible but without any supporting info as to how they know for sure. Which is one of the reasons I downloaded the root checker.

So I have emailed the customer support team at Fusion so they can give me an unequivocal answer, although I am certainly not optimistic 😞

Cheers again 

James

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User where did you get the tablet. I looked it up on Amazon and the reviews on there suggest it is rooted meaning certain apps won't work. For example banking apps shouldn't work on a rooted device.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks for looking into this and responding so quickly. I actually bought the tablet from Amazon so had a further look through the feedback but this time added "rooted" and then "root" into the search criteria when searching the feedback comments. Out of 325 reviews only 3 have any hits and of those only two seem credible but without any supporting info as to how they know for sure. Which is one of the reasons I downloaded the root checker.

So I have emailed the customer support team at Fusion so they can give me an unequivocal answer, although I am certainly not optimistic 😞

Cheers again 

James

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you ever manage to get this sorted as I'm having the same issues?