cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tech support Useless

I have posted my problem "Device Modified, Unsuported" and not recieved any replies that solve the problem.

I have just tried the online "Support" chat system and just wasted at least an hour of my life.

After giving the first agent all the details of the problem and everything i'd tried, I was in the middle of doing what they sugested when the session tmed out !!

I then had to start a new chat, this agent asked all the same questions, I asked if they could see the previous chat to save me going through the whole thing again. They said they would try and must have accessed it as they knew my name without me saying anything, but picked up on the last bit of the chat where the previous agent had removed the device and asked me to add it again. The new agent then asked if it was an "adding a device" problem. I had to go through the whole thing again, I asked them to make sure my session didn't time out as I didn't want to go through it again, and then when i was in the middle of trying something they sugested after about a minute of me not replying, they ended the session as I hadn't replied !!!!!!!!

This is ridiculous and needs sorting, but I have no confidence it will be. Even getting to the online chat is not easy, I only found it by accident.

I realy don't know where to go from here, apart from quiting NOW TV.

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi Paul, we will look into your case for you, and get back to you via email, to save you repeating yourself again. 

look forward to hearing from you. #

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you, will await your email.

Paul

Anonymous User
Not applicable

dont hold your breath, well over week and I am still waiting

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have been looking at other threads and this seems to be a very common problem on Android devices. The most telling ones I have seen are HUDLE and Sony Experia posts. In the latter I don't understand fuuly all the jargon and wouldn't have a clue how to follow the advice. But i think this is the correct solution, the app somehow see's the device as modified even though it isn't and the app needs to be de bugged to prevent this from happening by the NOW TV developers.

ARE YOU LISTENING NOW TV !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did anybody ever sort this? I have 2 new android tablets neither work they are not jailbroken or fiddled with in any way bloody annoying especially when it locks up one of your device choices for a month

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You don’t have to have done anything to the device for it to be rooted, lots of the cheaper android tablets are rooted and it’s not just now tv that won’t work with them.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It would be nice to get some help, my problem started when I done hard factory reset follewed the on screen instructions on my tv,got to the part where by you have to enter a code using my mobile or laptop keeps thers a problem tried both mobir and laptop no joy