cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Streaming to NowTV LT from android

Folks,

Is it possible to send photos and audio mp3 from my android moto g to my nowtv box (and to my tv) using streaming apps like Roku or Allcast etc. The Nowtv box is connected to the internet and to my wifi and works fine, the roku and allcast apps detect the nowtv box but don't connect to it properly because there's no sound or photos on the tv. Pls advise.

N

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User you can cast your own photos and videos on your phone to the box via the playto app. The free version only allows 10 mins at a time. The paid android app has no time limits. Try the free app first to check it works.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User you can cast your own photos and videos on your phone to the box via the playto app. The free version only allows 10 mins at a time. The paid android app has no time limits. Try the free app first to check it works.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. Playto works providing the playto app is installed on the nowtv box. Thats good. What's not so good is that there seems to be no way to control the playing media from the phone, eg stop, skip, jump. I'm wondering now whether the other casting apps (eg. Roku, Allcast) also need a matching app to be installed on the box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User both the Roku app and Allcast (plus some others) use the Roku Media Player to handle showing pictures and video from your devices. This app isn't included on the NOW TV boxes,

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Although Playto works, there are big delays when using my phone to start and stop music files, maybe 6 secs. The delays make using Playto on my network (g) impractical for playing individual audio files and skipping to others etc. Playto would be alright for casting a list/queue of music files, but thats not what I want to do. A big drawback of the free version of Playto is that its so heavily loaded with adverts that its difficult for the user to gauge what the paid-for version would be like and whether it would, in practice, be much different.