cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Streaming on TV via HDMI from tablet

I get error message saying streaming from a mobile device to a TV via HDMI isn't supported. Is this correct? And if so why?

Also is there a reason only LG Smart TVs have the Now TV App?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I get error message saying streaming from a mobile device to a TV via HDMI isn't supported. Is this correct? And if so why?

Indeed, this feature is sadly not supported. And as far as I know, there's no future plans to include such a feature-set.

@Anonymous User wrote:

It would seem that LG either negotiated or were offered an exclusive NOW TV app license. The question regarding when this exclusivity arrangement expires has been discussed on the forum a few times before... And nobody knows!

Cheers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Indeed, this feature is sadly not supported. And as far as I know, there's no future plans to include such a feature-set.

@Anonymous User wrote:

It would seem that LG either negotiated or were offered an exclusive NOW TV app license. The question regarding when this exclusivity arrangement expires has been discussed on the forum a few times before... And nobody knows!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User that's correct mirroring isn't supported. The reason why LG are the only TV with an app, they signed an exclusive deal with NOW TV back in the early days. 

There are however still a large number of devices which you can connect to your TV. 

Legend 5
Legend 5

If you have a Chromecast, you can cast from your tablet to that.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated.

I only really use Now TV for Game of Thrones. I bought my pass yesterday and installed the app on my tablet assuming I could plug it into the TV. After getting this error I then tried to use it on my computer but was not allowed to add new devices. As I had carried out a full restore on my computer since last year it was no longer recognised and I have had Now TV on my phone and on another computer which has since packed in. So I'll have to wait till May if I want to watch GoT on a screen bigger than 8 inches.

For a streaming app I feel there are a few issues which can make using it very difficult. But as its the easiest way for me to watch GoT I guess I'll make do. I don't understand why I can mirror pretty much every other app from tablet to TV but not this one. I guess maybe to encourage sales of their Now TV Box. And I can't install the app on my Smart TV because I bought a Panasonic and not an LG. Ah well, I'll make sure all the right devices are registered well in advance next year

I don't have a Chromecast as until recently I had a spare PC hooked up to the TV but it is on the blink. If I hadn't added the tablet as a device as I could have used my working PC but alas, too late...

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If you contact NowTV live chat, explain that you have reached your device limit and that one of your devices is faulty, they should be able to free up one of your device slots for this month on your account.