cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still cannot play on Android PLUS your emails are the most frustrating thing ever

I got a host of emails from you last week that appeared to be spam, as they were telling me to try all sorts of "fixes" that didn't apply to me at all.  As I couldn't reply to any of the emails, I ignored them.

I then got an email telling me you hadn't heard from me in a while.  I guess that's likely to be because I can't contact you.  I tried to contact you via your web page, but haven't had any sort of response.

I got another email:

Hi Jennie

You got in touch with us a few days ago and since we haven't heard back from you, we thought it was time to check in.

If everything's sorted, just reply to this email to let us know, and we'll leave you to get on with watching NOW TV. If you would prefer to get in touch through Live Chat, simply Contact Us.

Please remember your reference number 01223049.

Don't forget we are here 10am -10pm, 7 days a week.

Kind Regards,

The NOW TV Team

Well at the bottom of the email it clearly states that "You can't reply to this email" despite you saying in this email above "....just reply to this email".  So I thought I'd give it a go.  I replied.  If it wasn't so appalling, it would be hilarious getting the "Auto-response" email back, saying:

Hi Jennie,

Thanks for getting in touch, but this address isn’t monitored for incoming messages.

If you already have a request open with us
If you already have an email from us and you want to contact us about that topic, please try again. Don’t change the words or delete the reference code in the subject line in your reply, and it will get through to someone who can help straight away.

If you want to make a new request
The quickest way to get help is to see if your question has already been answered. Visit our Help site and search or choose the best-match topic from the menu. Then choose the most relevant article. If it doesn’t answer your question, don’t worry. Click on the link at the bottom of the article to Contact Us by live chat, email or our community.

Thanks,

The NOW TV Team

You can’t reply to this email, but if you do want to get in touch you can find us at NOW TV Help.

NOW TV: 18+. UK only. Content streamed. Requires broadband/3G (charges may apply). Register up to four compatible devices and watch on two at the same time. Device changes limited to one per month. Check terms and conditions at nowtv.com/terms

NOW TV is a trading name of Sky UK Limited (registered number 02906991) of Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex, United Kingdom, TW7 5QD.

6 REPLIES 6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User  that contact us link is not very helpful is it?  To contact chat you have to search for what you want help with and then go on to contact us at the bottom of that.  Which is a pain for folks like yourself who need chat..
If you need to reach chat click the following link and then click the contact button at the bottom and finally select chat (8am to midnight) None of the above...

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Errr...yet again you're sort of missing the point.  I don't want to contact you, I don't want to "chat" with you.  I just want you to fix this error that I, and many others, have in not being able to play Now TV on our Android tablets despite having everything installed correctly, having the latest version installed, being in the UK and paying our subscriptions!

And no, that is not a helpful contact link - but again, you are missing the point.  The point is that you are emailing me telling me you've not heard from me - but that is because it's almost impossible to contact you.  Your email clearly states that I cannot reply to it - and then also clearly tells me to reply to the email.  Even though you can't reply to the email, you are telling me to reply to the email.  In your auto-responder, you tell me the message wasn't received but to try again.

It's a complete farce.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

@4268 Is purely another customer who's trying to help you

Legend 5
Legend 5

Actually @Anonymous User  I have not emailed you at all!!!   If you won't contact chat so they can trouble shoot with you the exact problem you are having and won't do anything then I doubt your problem will get sorted.  Sometimes you have to be proactive in life to get things fixed!!!   The link I gave you was to a generic page on help from which you can click the contact button and chose to go on to chat.  It is of course your own choice if you want to contact the Now chat folk and get help quicker or if you just want to sit back and wait for a fix.  I know what I would  choose.  

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @4268 and I apologise, I thought from your reply that you were an employee at NowTV (I was surprised by the speedy response).

I am a proactive person, and I already have the issue open with them (hence having a case reference).  It's pointless starting a chat with them, as they need to fix their App which doesn't work for me or for many others - if I start a chat, they will make me go through the same processes I have already been through several times (deleting the App, reinstalling the App, logging out, logging in, changing password etc etc).

Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User  problem is unless you confirm you are still having issues they don't know, it doesn't help that the email says you can't reply.  @Karl-F  the community manager has this thread http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Android/Android-Sign-in-issues/m-p/371463#U371463  which you may want to add to.    

I use the app on my Motorola E so I know it can work.  Out of interest before you deleted the app from your phone did you log out of the app and then clear the app cache and data by going into settings and apps, so that the phone "forgets" the app?  Did you also not just uninstall but also go to the play store to your apps and all.  The play store is a bit naughty in that it holds a memory of apps you have uninstalled.  If you delete that "memory" it is in effect reinstalling rather than a new install.