cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joy82
Advocate

Sports mobile month membership but unable to watch

I have purchased sports mobile month membership on 18th Jan but I am still unable to watch any Premier league matches. 

It keeps giving error saying "NOW Membership Required"

You'll need a NOW Sports Membership to watch this on this device.

With a non existant customer support, how am i supposed to resolve this please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Joy82 

Did you try the Chelsea v Fulham match yesterday when it was actually live and was you attempting to watch on your smartphone screen the live Sky Sports Premier League channel and not Main Event ?

Where with a Mobile Sports Membership you can only watch live and one of the following channels that are permitted with a Mobile Sports Membership which is Premier League, Action, Arena, Racing (Horses), News.

You should be able to watch the Newcastle v West Ham match at 5.30pm today if you use your smartphone screen and watch on Sky Sports Premier League channel.

Maybe try watching Sky Sports Premier League channel straight away has a quick  test run on your phone to see if you can watch it without the message asking to buy a Membership.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Joy82 

Can I assume your tying to watch the premiership channel and any other of the 5 channels provided by the mobile membership?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-use-my-sports-mobile-membership

To ask the daft question your not using a tablet and it’s definitely a mobile?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Joy82
Advocate

That is correct. I was trying to watch the Chelsea vs Fulham premier league match yesterday but it would not allow me. 
It keeps giving error saying "NOW Membership Required", when I already have the mothly membership.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Joy82 

You can't watch Sports on Demand with a Mobile Sports Membership.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/sports-membership 

Joy82
Advocate

@gavs82008 - I am trying to watch the Premier league football matches live.  Is that not included in Sky Sports Premier league channel (1 of the 5 channels as part of Mobile month membership) ?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Joy82 

All the support channels for the sports mobile membership is in the two links given by @schnapps and myself.

Was yesterday the first time you using the mobile membership?

You aren’t trying to cast to your TV by any chance?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Joy82 

What model smartphone are you using ?

Does the Mobile Sports Membership show on your online account under My Membership?

Are you definitely attempting to watch Sky Sports Premier League and not Sky Sports Main Event which is not covered under the Mobile Sports Membership.

Also assuming you are in the UK and not using a VPN.

If you have done all the above, then what happens if you try a fresh NOW App from your phone Apps Store, then fully power down the phone for a minute, then restart the phone,  log into the NOW App and try Sky Sports Premier League channel.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-use-my-sports-mobile-membership 

Joy82
Advocate

Hi @schnapps ,

I am using an android smartphone. I am in the UK and not using a VPN. I am new to UK so don't understand difference between Sky Sports Premier League and Main Event. 

My intention is to watch LIVE Premier League matches e.g. Today 's match of Man Utd v/s Crystal Palace via the mobile app. When I was purchasing the membership on 18th Jan to watch Premier League matches, the advert said Day + Mobile Month membership £11.98 (one off payment). Receive a 9 month mobile month membership and stream 5 channels including Sky Sports Premier League on your smartphone. Does this plan not include the Premier League matches United play today and then Leeds vs United on 12th Feb ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Joy82 

Have a read of this link on what live games are on Sky / BT Sports / Amazon Prime.

Not all Premier league games are live on Sky.

https://www.live-footballontv.com/live-premier-league-football-on-tv.html 

Looking at the Sky TV Planner the Man Utd game is not live on Sky, there is highlights at around 11.30 PM tonight.

There is a Game of the Day at 8.30pm tonight (not sure yet what game).

The Leeds game is on tomorrow at 2pm Sky Sports Premier League channel.

Joy82
Advocate

Hi @schnapps 

Thank you for your reply.

Looking at the website you have mentioned and also the premier league website, it is now clear that not all matches are "Sky Sports Premier League". Yesterday's match between Chelsea and Fulham was a 'Sky Sports Premier League' match which I was unable to watch.  

Today's match Newcastle United vs West Ham United at 17:30 seems to be a Sky Sports Premier League match, which I should be able to watch on my app then ? I will try to login and let you know if that works.

Thanks a lot. 🙂