cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky sports 10 month package not working

I have bought the £199.00 sky sports package and it is not allowing me to watch any of the sky sports package any ideas anyone, and for there to be no customer service number to ring for help is a joke ! 

35 REPLIES 35
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have purchased the same pass today and it’s not working for me either. Found a contact number, rang it 3 times. Didn’t connect or hear ringing tone. Rang off after a maximum of 10 seconds and now have an £18 bill! Not impressed ! 🙁

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Ye I rang it once and have incurred a £6 charge, it seems the only way you can get any help or contact in the slightest is through live chat which clearly no one is monitoring because it seems to be only customers talking on it ! I have had to buy another pass just to watch what I have already paid for it is a joke why do they advertise something that doesn’t work not impressed at all cannot wait to actually speak to a member of now tv !
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

NowTV do not offer a £6/minute phone service, but scammers do, and as you have found, it does not anyway work.

But can you please provide details of where you found these services, which will assist NowTV in getting them shut down.

You should also contact your telephone service provider, if that is who you are paying through, and request a ‘chargeback’ for these amounts from these numbers.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Just search for nowtv customer service number on google you will find it with ease !!

Do you not work for nowtv then ?
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I can’t find a single example - perhaps you swim in deeper Google waters than me?

But if you could kindly provide me some URLs here - with due warning not to call them - and most especially the one you were actually scammed by - I can pass them on.

And no, I don’t work for NowTV, I’m just a customer like you, albeit I choose to be a very active one on this Community.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is what I found when I Googled “NOWTV contact number”

1C0AD673-35C5-489D-9D13-43378560FBF1.jpeg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @RoyB 

It's very clear from that screenshot you were connecting to a service called SecureRecord. That in itself should have given it away you weren't connecting to NowTV. Please follow Roy's advice in claiming your money back for the calls you were billed for. In future only follow contact details given on the official website of the service you are trying to contact, not 3rd party sites who clearly would have no connection to the company you really want to talk to. Sorry you got scammed but there are lessons there for us all. Good luck.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, but the one at the bottom has nowtv in the URL and that is an 09 number as well. Anyway I have been onto my service provider and they have agreed to waive half of the cost.

All this is very well but it still doesn’t get away from the fact that I am £199 out of pocket and still no sign of Sky Sports being activated.

Alanh1

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Thanks for the URLs. I like your nice safe presentation strategy, Alanh1.

They are both adverts, which is why I didn’t see them; not because I have adverts suppressed, but because Google, by design, serve different ads to different people.

People can, alas, put anything they like in a URL; even if NowTV were copyright, they have been known to (e.g.) use a Cyrillic letter that looks like an o but isn’t.

In general, ads are much less to be trusted than links to regular sites.

Anyway, I’ll see if I can set some wheels in motion about this.

Apropos of your Sports Passes that aren’t working, I and others are aware of an issue at the moment preventing a customer from buying one.

But I think in your cases, you have the pass and can see it active under My Account, but you can’t watch anything; is that correct?

There is a known issue at the moment for BT customers who have File Sharing turned on under Parental Controls on their BT router; this needs to be disabled for NowTV to work.

If you are with BT, can you see if this is the problem?

If not, can you anyway, briefly, try watching your Pass on a mobile phone with WiFi switched off so it goes over 3/4G, and see if that works?

If still no go, I’ll see if I can set some wheels in motion for you on this issue as well.